GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08 GTI w/DSG + Revo = Rough Shifts at 1/2 Throttle Why?

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
well, i got my dsg reset and still having the same issue. car is shifting fine at light throttle, in tiptronic, and at 100% throttle. Everything in-between is killer...almost makes me not want to drive anymore!

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
well, i got my dsg reset and still having the same issue. car is shifting fine at light throttle, in tiptronic, and at 100% throttle. Everything in-between is killer...almost makes me not want to drive anymore!

Have you tried changing your revo settings back to stock?

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
no i have not, i don't have the SPS. I was thinking about going to the shop to go back to stock and check it out. My only thoughts are that if it were any other problem, then I would have rough shifts at all points, not just at 50-70% throttle

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
I just had my Revo REP perform the procedure recommended by George from REVO and OH MY GOD my car SHIFTS SO SMOOTH NOW!!! in every gear it is silky smooth.....!!! so I recommend anyone who has been flashed get this procedure DONE immediately!!! the car feels so much better to DRIVE!!!!!

YAY!!!!:happyanim:

UPDATE

Ok it was good for about a MONTH and now the HARD SHIFTS are back, even when completely warmed up. I am starting to think that I need to go back to my REVO dealer and have him try to RE-TUNE my software??

Anyway, I am trying to work with the dealer to see if it is a Throttle Body issue? Mechatronics issue? or just a Software issue?

Just in case REVO finds something:

Year: 2006
Make: VW
Model: GTI 2.0T
Approximate flash date: 10/06, reflashed 3 additional times the most recent was with the UPDATED REVO software for the 03 Update from VW.
ECU ID (if you know it): No idea.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
has anyone noticed a difference after having a DSG service (Fluid and filter change)?

NO DIFFERENCE, except when I had the DSG service I lost my REVO, and was flashed back to stock by VW and the car shifted so smooth and silky...so I am thinking it is more a SOFTWARE issue???

btek

loveVAG
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
heard problems of software due to stock dv

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
heard problems of software due to stock dv

I also asked my dealer to replace my DV with the NEW UPDATED no Diaphram one..and he said if the throttle body cleaning doesn't work, then he would try that..and if that doesn't work...then we are going to go for a NEW mechatronics......my appt. is thursday 3/19, so I will see.

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
I also asked my dealer to replace my DV with the NEW UPDATED no Diaphram one..and he said if the throttle body cleaning doesn't work, then he would try that..and if that doesn't work...then we are going to go for a NEW mechatronics......my appt. is thursday 3/19, so I will see.

Anyone else drive your car regularly? I think the DSG is adaptive, and it may be having trouble adapting to 2 different driving styles.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Anyone else drive your car regularly? I think the DSG is adaptive, and it may be having trouble adapting to 2 different driving styles.

nope, only i drive it...and I definitely know all the ins and outs of the DSG.

And I know that my car isn't acting normal!! hasn't been for a awhile now.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
I also am the only driver of my GTI. I have started with the stock dv and switched to the forge dv and the problem is still there, so I don't think it's a dv issue...Again, I would find it hard to believe it was a mechatronics issue if it only happens at 50% throttle, and no other times!

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
I don't see how the REVO software is causing a problem. I have APR and i noticed my car shifts rough when its cold but smooth out when warmed up. Its not the software that directing messing with your tranny. Going to REVO to have them fiddle with the tune will do nothing. The hard shifts are probly a direct result of the extra power being provided by the increase in boost from the chip. But I used to get rough shifts when i was stock if it was cold and I would go half throttle and the tranny would try to downshift to 1st it would stubble for a half second.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Could it be because the car is making more power at lower RPMS than it used to? The DSG computer has no idea that your car is now making more power so it's shifting as if you are producing maybe 100lb ft of torque at 1/2 throttle when in reality you are producing twice that amount... ? That would have to make for some strange shifting.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
I understand what you guys are saying. However, APR and Unitronic have both addressed this issue. If you read previous posts, APR has made the connection between the ecu being reflashed and the need to adjust the tcm. They also had similar problems with shifting and addressed it in their latest reflash. If you read the previous posts by Revo (page 2 and 4), they are saying that they did not adjust anything other then the ecu, and also claim that their is no connection between the ecu and shifting (page 4)...also this is not a matter of the car being cold vs. warmed up. You can notice that in a stock GTI, and after driving for three hours, I can still produce the problem at half throttle. Yes, I'm sure it is a problem with the added power, but other companies have addressed the issue. It sucks driving my car and only putting 30% throttle down instead of normally being able to put 50% and having to fiddle my way around.

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I understand what you guys are saying. However, APR and Unitronic have both addressed this issue. If you read previous posts, APR has made the connection between the ecu being reflashed and the need to adjust the tcm. They also had similar problems with shifting and addressed it in their latest reflash. If you read the previous posts by Revo (page 2 and 4), they are saying that they did not adjust anything other then the ecu, and also claim that their is no connection between the ecu and shifting (page 4)...also this is not a matter of the car being cold vs. warmed up. You can notice that in a stock GTI, and after driving for three hours, I can still produce the problem at half throttle. Yes, I'm sure it is a problem with the added power, but other companies have addressed the issue. It sucks driving my car and only putting 30% throttle down instead of normally being able to put 50% and having to fiddle my way around.
the TCM is a totally seperate module from the ECU. They have seperate programming. UNless they are also reflashing the TCM I don't see how they can do anything for the transmission.