GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

DSG feels sloppy and rough

09 GTI w/ DSG Feels like my DSG has it's good days and bad days. On the bad days the car feels very sloppy when shifting in the lower gears (1-3). Sometimes it feels like it surges during shifting and I can hear sort of a rattle if I just happen to be next to a wall (think sitting in a drive...
  2. B

Anyone have an idea what this noise can be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxisWafmWY&feature=youtu.be Sounds like I'm on the Titanic at times. I am thinking it could be the e-brake..
  3. B

Low grinding noise from front end and other concerns

Ok so I have had my 09 GTI for a few months now. I just did the 60k service and had the intake manifold replaced. I haven't had the suspension/tires/brakes checked yet so it may just be some suspension/brake rubbage but I want to check first. Here are my current concerns with my car that I...
  4. B

P2015, P0300. P0301, P0302, etc...

2009 GTI - TSI - 59k miles So this happened. Misfires on all 4 cylinders and 1 intake manifold failure. :mad::mad::cry: What am I to expect at the dealership if I take it in? Or best to DIY with parts from ECS? It looks like the flapper arm popped out...I tried to pop it in but I think the...
  5. B

New to the MKV fam...I have a couple of simple questions

I drove away with an 09 GTI last weekend and loving it so far. It didn't come with an owner's manual so I am still figuring out what some of this stuff does. On the MFD, for example when I am looking at my MPG, there are two options with different readings (1 or 2). I want to assume that one is...
  6. B

Old fault codes found during an inspection?

I mentioned this in another thread but I figure this might be the best place to ask. I am hoping to buy this 09 GTI with 56k miles. Carfax is clean, no CELs are popping up, drives good (except for some rusty brakes sticking). The AC, heated seats, lights, sunroof, etc all work. The mechanic I...