GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Swaybar preload after coilovers

Anyone else experiencing the phenomena of swaybar preload after installing coilovers (KW in my case)? This preload is from the offset in where the endlinks hook up to the strut assembly on the coilovers compared to OEM. The fronts coilovers are raised equally. I'm just asking if anyone else...
  2. S

Aircon doesn't work.

I've done a bit of searching around, but I can't find proper relevant information related to my problem. My car was stolen (long story), recovered with a blown engine, engine was rev'd high, not enough oil was fed through and the top head had to be changed. Timing belt also snapped when the...
  3. S

Engine over rev on DSG

Today whilst driving in the wet, I put my foot down a bit 50-70% (rough guestimate) in second gear, and the wheels violently slipped. At that split moment, I lightened load to 20-30%, at which point the engine brushed 7500RPM for a split second before dropping! I'll vagcom tomorrow to see for...
  4. S

What color exhaust valve springs?

For all the FSI drivers out there, what color OEM exhaust valve springs do you have? I've found out the white/yellow ones are the problematic ones, found on k04 stock cars like TTS, S3 etc, a fault from factory. BPY engine. I'm curious because when I looked this week, I can see my springs are...
  5. S

Misfire. Any ideas?

I have a "intermittent" misfire in cylinder 2. I have: Switched plugs from cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 Switched coilpack 3 to 2 Replaced all injectors Cleaned intake valves Clean injector bore holes The car will still misfire on that cylinder from time to time, 1 every 20secondish. If, I floor...
  6. S

Torque spec for turbo wedge block

Anyone with the Bentley manual, can you please tell me what the torque specs are for the 4x nuts that hold the 2x rectangular blocks that help wedge the bottom of the turbo exhaust manifold.
  7. S

K04 actuator arm stock setting

A mate of mine has told me that the stock setting for actuator arm is on too "tight". He recommended 3 full spins. Anyways, he says with the factory setting, the turbo will flutter, and boost spike will be too big. Tune: APR. All you K04 users, did you guys re-adjust the actuator arm? If so...
  8. S

Injector (clip question)

Hi, I just took out my injectors, and for all 4 injectors, there is one hairline crack on one of the side of the retainer, as shown in photo. Would I be able to reuse these clips? I'm trying to save on wait time because the "injector repair kits" are hard to purchase in Australia (long wait...
  9. S

K04 DV relocation wire extension

Hi guys, 000 979 133 A : Wire (x2) 000 979 134 A : Wire (x2) 1J0 973 722 : N75 Connector 8D0 973 822 : Connector These are the parts listed to extend the DV cable from the stock location to the new location on the throttle body pipe. Question: Why are the first two cables multiplied by...
  10. S

Boost leak symptoms but no boost leak found.

I’ve spent about a months time back and forth in my spare time trying to fix a boost/vacuum leak kind of symptom in my car. This problem has been ongoing for a long time now, probably half a year now. Car: GTI FSI 06 DSG Added hardware: • APR Stage II + (with all hardware required) • Intake...
  11. S

Oil in turbo intake tract

I notice a film of oil there when I took my intake off today. Is this normal?
  12. S

Steering wheel clicks when turning. Why?

Hi guys, Recently my car developed a click every 180 degrees turning to the left. So when the wheel gets to the same angle, it will click once. The first click seems to happen at 90degrees (ie, steering wheel straight, then turn counterclockwise 90degrees). Then the second, at 180 etc. The...
  13. S

Normal to have a slight burst of white smoke?

Hi guys, The other day me and my friend switched cars to drive around for fun. He was in my GTI, Stage2+ APR, FSI K03. Cat is 100cell, the downpipe is custom. No VAGCOM errors. Boost and all feels fine, looks fine measured (calculated from VAGCOM). I was in his WRX behind my own GTI. Anyways...
  14. S

Bad manual driving

This thread was aimed at all cars (Honda, Toyota, Ford etc), not just the VW MKV cars. Don't know if this is the right section to ask in though. This is a noob question :yikes: First question: I noticed for manual cars, when the car is not driven well (ie, constant stalls), after a bit, the...
  15. S

Stage 2 no cat v.s with cat differences.

Hi, quick story. Car: FSI GTI MKV. APR Tune. Stage 2 with no cat downpipe and nothing else. Very big difference, so big I was wondering whether stage 1 from stock had problems before. Driving normally, when shifting low gears: 1, 2 & 3, the spool sound is very loud. You don't even need to try...
  16. S

APR Stage 2 files

How many stage 2 files are there? Stage 2 k04 turbo file Stage 2 /with HPFP file [k03] Stage 2 [k03] Stage 2 Testpipe file [k03] Are the latter two just the same file (as in, I made one of the bottom two entries up?)
  17. S

Downpipe problem.

Hi guys, I got my downpipe fitted onto a MY2006 GTI. Problem now is, it touches the cross brackets when I drive uphill with a few people in the car. I got down underneath the car and looked, the downpipe itself that bolts onto the turbo (not the straight front pipe that connects to the catback)...
  18. S

GTI Engine Making Ticking Sounds

Hi guys, MK5 GTI FSI, Stock Engine I serviced the car early January 2011. Used it till 3rd week of January. Everything was 100% fine. Left it in the garage unused ever since till just 2 weeks ago. Now when I start it up from a cold start, after the engine starts to idle at a constant speed...
  19. S

Carbonio Intakes TSI v.s FSI

Hi guys, I just signed up! After many months of silently reading this forum, I finally decided to join so I could ask this question. I can't find the answer to it on google/search functions etc etc. For the APR FSI and TSI intakes, they look different etc, but are they virtually the same in...