GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

VW 55 plate mkv for sale - make me an offer

Diamond Black GTI (55 Plate) Manual, 27,000 miles, 5 Door, 2.0 Golf GTI, Remote Locking, CD Player, Heated seats, electric windows, tax may 09, cruise control, 26,000 miles, service history (just serviced), 2 new front tyres, MOT till Nov 08, dual climate control, 18" upgraded monza alloy...
  2. S

Carputer in my GTI

Hi I have started my carputer project. This is the first time I have ever attempted anything like this and am a bit worried. I have bought the a 7" lilliput and I also bought the bezel of ebay. I have just about finished the mounting (not bad for a first ever attempt) of the monitor and am...
  3. S

Product Order Codes

I am trring to find out if it is possible to find a pdf or something that lists all the products codes for the MKV. I am wanting to install a centre armrest and realise it may be a bigger job than I first thought. Has anyone got the codes or can anyone advise me of the Product order codes I...
  4. S

WTB Armrest

Hi, I am looking to buy the central armrest for my GTI, It is the armrest that houses the CD changer, ipod etc, it has the rear air vent in the rear of it and cup hoders. Could anyone who is selling or knows where to buy one PM me or leave a message. Cheers
  5. S

vw mfd Sat nav explained.

Please could somebody talk me through the cables I will require to connect the following items? Sat nav head unit DVD changer Digital TV tuner I have found the following items here http://satnavsystems.soon2b.net/default.asp but have found the similar models if not the same cheaper on...
  6. S

Anyone breaking a GTI, Part needed.

I am after a center armrest for the front of my golf, the one i require the one that fits the cd auto changer in and has cup holder to the rear and fans. I am sure you have these on your cars but mine didn;t come with one. If you are breaking a car and are selling this part or no of a place to...
  7. S

Remapping D.I.Y

Has anyone remapped there MKV themselves using software sold on ebay? If so what software/files have been used. What hardware and finally a D.I.Y step by step. I am wanting to get this done and have been told its possible but just need to here it from somebody who has successfully done it on...
  8. S

Ice Projects

Has anyone gone any projects to show off, I need a bit of inspiration.
  9. S

Shall I convert to LPG gas

I am so tempted to convert the GTI to LPG gas. Has anyone tried this yet and what are their opinions? I have heard good and bad, some say it will save money some say not. Any advice would be appreciated.
  10. S

The best sat nav system

What is the best sat nav in car entertainment system? Is it the pioneer AVIC-HD1BT? I am still trying to find the system that will suit me and the VW own one has many draw backs. I am gadget mad and wopuld like one that has options to add tv to. Also i would like to listen to cds/music...
  11. S

VWs' Sat nav

I have been looking at building a computer in the car and i don't see the purpose anymore, due to the time and effort i would need to put in. I am now thinking I may purchase Vws sat nav system. Has anybody got a price that these are sold at or where to obtain one for a reasonable price. I...
  12. S

Aftermarket products

I am looking at purchasing some after market products for my car but can't find many companies. I use http://www.hillsideimports.com/ which are good but have limited amounts of Interior Accessories. Where do you all shop any sites whch are best?
  13. S

Touch screen unit.

I am looking for the following features in my car. Internet sat nav dvd tv radio cd mp3 bluetooth (phone) I not sure whether this sort of unit is on the market and whether it would be best to use a computer. I have a slim line case but wondering will all this fit inside. Any help would be...
  14. S

Problem with braking

When I press my brakes at slow speeds it makes a grinding noise. I rang VW and said i need to take it for a drive after about 15 miles do an emergancy stop to disperse the brake dust. Have done this 7/8 times still have the same problem. Any ideas.
  15. S

Gutted

I have been observing the forum for the last few weeks, and I think it is great. I have not long had my Golf GTI (55 plate) this is a 6 speed, winter pack and 18" Monza alloys. I bought the car quite quickly and foolishly didn't look into all the models. I think now i am missing out by not...
  16. S

GTI driver armrest

I have spent the last few weeks thinking of the best way to fit a carputer neatly into my car. I have thought about putting it under the seat but i dont think this will fit. If i'm correct in thinking that the MK5 GTI has an optional armrest between the driver and passenger seat. I believe...