GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PureDrive

Help with an issue with a brand new 2014 GLI.......

Yep, had issues, so VW helped me into a different vehicle. Just drove a different 2014 GLI, which did not make the noise. They are going to look at it some more, but will probably have to schedule an appointment with the regional tech to look at it.
  2. PureDrive

At the dealership now. Went for a ride with the tech and he heard the noise. He is unsure what it is at this time. He is going to drive another 2014 GLI to see if that makes the sound as well and then go from there.
  3. PureDrive

I just can't/don't want to believe that is it on a brand new car. I hate the thought of people tearing into my car.
  4. PureDrive

I don't know if dealerships are amazing where you live, but not so much in my area/experience. If I can fix something myself I would rather do that. The less people that touch/drive my car, the better. The car has all of like 200 miles on it and is stock. That said, I made an appointment to...
  5. PureDrive

Come on, no one can fix my car simply and effectively over the internet? How can that be? The internet can do anything.......I can't believe it.......:(
  6. PureDrive

So, I have had 2008 GTI, a 2012 GLI, 2014 GTI (don't ask), and now have a new 2014 GLI. I purchased the car last Friday and yesterday I noticed a metallic rattling/humming sound that started, that is loud enough to be heard over the radio when it is on volume level 7. It is coming from the front...
  7. PureDrive

FS: K&N intake, used 3 months, 1500 miles

SOLD Hello. Selling a K&N intake from my 2012 GLI, that fits all MKV and MKVI GTI/GLI vehicles with the TSI engine. The intake is in like-new condition. It comes will all original parts, original instructions and paperwork, in the original box/packaging. It also comes with the extra...
  8. PureDrive

Forum slow in the last couple of days?!

Tapatalk hardly works at all for me with this forum. Worse over the last week or two, as others have said.
  9. PureDrive

Torque specs for OEM engine and transmission mount stretch bolts?

I am replacing all of the OEM stretch bolts for the three motor/transmission mounts to see if that helps/solves some steering/vibration issues I seem to be having, however, I can not find the OEM bolt torque specs anywhere. Ideally, I really need to get this done ASAP, as if this is not the...
  10. PureDrive

Loose, sloppy steering all of a sudden.....

I recently installed and then unistalled a set of engine/trans/pendulum mounts on my car. After the unistall of the parts, I feel the steering is very imprecise, sloppy, and loose. The mounts were only on for 2 days, so it is not as if I had them on for months and simply got used to the...
  11. PureDrive

FS: BFI Stage 1 engine and transmission mounts, used 2 days......

Selling a BFI Stage 1 engine mount and BFI Stage 1 transmission mount. The mounts were on my car for only 2 days, for a total of 33 miles. They are in like-new condition. They come with all the original hardware, in the original boxes. These mounts make a major positive difference in the sporty...
  12. PureDrive

FS: ASA GT1 wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires

I'm selling a set of four ASA GT1 wheels mounted with Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. This setup was used from December 2011 through April 2012. The info on the GT1's are 16×7.5, 5-114, and 45 offset. The Continentals are 225/50ZR - 16. This was a great, great winter setup for my...
  13. PureDrive

FS: BSH Stage 1 "True Seal" intake

Taking my car back to stock and selling off parts. I'm selling my BSH Stage 1 intake. It comes with all the original hardware in great condition, even includes the extra breather filter for those that need it. The filter was just cleaned and oiled with a K&N Filter Recharge Kit and is ready...
  14. PureDrive

VF engine mount

Selling a VF Engineering Engine Mount off my MKV GTI. It is in like new condition. Bought it new from NA Motorsports for $200. I traded in the GTI, so I no longer have need of it. Only asking $95. Some pics...........Sorry abbout the quality, all I have is a cell phone camera.
  15. PureDrive

What was your last car?

To the OP, I also had a Saab/Subaru 9-2x for a while, along with 3 other regular modified WRX's. Then I traded the last in for the 08 GTI I currently drive. It really is a great little car and does a lot of different things well. I now want to trade in for the MKVI, as they really have...
  16. PureDrive

I love people..........

So I go out to my car to read a little during my lunch break. I notice immediately that someone has wedged their car into a spot on the left side of my GTI, leaving very little room for the driver of the car to get in and out. It was raining pretty hard out so I gave the area of my car a look...
  17. PureDrive

Toyota/Subaru coupe concept

We'll see what actually hits showrooms.............
  18. PureDrive

Toyota.......

I just want to punch Toyota right in the vagina..........I am so damn sick of the Prius commercials.............and now they have Lexus hybrid commmercials..........you sicken me...........yeah, that's it.
  19. PureDrive

FS: VF Engineering Side Engine and Transmission Mount

SOLD.............. I am selling 1 side motor mount and 1 transmission mount from VF Engineering for the MKV Golf/GTI. Installation took place only on this past Monday 6/15/09, so the parts are essenstially brand new. They secure the connection between the engine/transmission and the car, and...
  20. PureDrive

Any thoughts on vibration/shaking.........

I have had vibration/shaking for a while in my GTI, which has gotten worse since I installed a BFI stage 1 mount insert. I put the mount in and had a ton of vibration, shaking the car horribly (and this is coming from a guy who ran full hard aftermarket mounts on a couple of different WRX's for...