GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I may have slipped and fell on buying an Accessport...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright. Some more rambling and where I'm at.

I got the Accessport for $425 shipped. The kid was able to follow up showing it's indeed DSG enable and uninstalled from the vehicle, as the original post just had pics of the unit itself.

1708091206259.png
1708091227498.png
1708091253530.png

Serial number in the info pic matches the sticker on the unit. Was fine taking PayPal Goods & Services, and his PayPal address matched his FB profile name. So I feel safe taking the chance.

CSB: He actually had a "HARD R" vanity plate :ROFLMAO:

He sent me a video of his R that got totaled. Built engine and transmission, CTS Boss 700 Turbo, the works.

1708091374081.png

So right now, I'm at $642 for the downpipe, $425 for the Accessport, and would be $350 for EQT ECU\TCU tunes (it's what I know and am comfortable using). So all in, ~$1,400 to go Stage 2 on a whim that @Salami inadvertently planted in my head...

Which will be all fine and dandy if this downpipe arrives tomorrow, I stick my borescope in it, and the cat checks out. But, I'm still not expecting it to. I'm fully expecting to see a 200cpsi cat. And at that point, it will shut down this entire thing. Because if it has a 200cpsi cat, I'm not going to put it on my car. From there, the only option for me would be the $2,200 Unitronic downpipe, and that would more than double my impromptu spending. Don't really feel like doing that.

CSB2: While I was waiting for the guy to get back to me with pics showing the Accessport was uninstalled, someone else listed an unmarried DSG Accessport for $250 in one of the groups.

1708092231642.png

Yeah, I'm not that dumb (sometimes).

Every red flag of a scammer. Item priced way below market value. PayPal name different from FB profile name. Requesting Friends & Family payment. I just posted a "Buyer Beware" message on their listing, and blocked them.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On the more boring side, I did order a new set of plugs and thing of Ceratec for my oil change next month.

Do I really need to change my plugs annually and does Ceratec actually do anything?

I'm fully aware the answer to both is probably "No", but both are cheap enough.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So if it is only a 200 cell, can't you just put in a j spacer ? Would be alot cheaper than a whole new dp.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't want to dick around with spacers and whatnot. If it's only a 200 cell, I'll just stay JB4.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
lmao @ his 'scam yourself' request. thats the accessport guy? i'm confused now did you get it?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lmao @ his 'scam yourself' request. thats the accessport guy? i'm confused now did you get it?

Yes. I was inquiring on two Acessports.

Seller 1: $400. Listed at a very good price. Provided pics proving it was DSG unlocked and unmarried. PayPal account name matched Facebook account name. Was fine with Goods & Services.
Seller 2: $250. Listed at a "too good to be true" price. Provided a pic showing it was unmarried. PayPal account name was different from Facebook account name. Requested Friends & Family.

I bought & paid for the $400 one.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Alright. Some more rambling and where I'm at.

I got the Accessport for $425 shipped. The kid was able to follow up showing it's indeed DSG enable and uninstalled from the vehicle, as the original post just had pics of the unit itself.

View attachment 299487
They could of at least given you the courtesy of hitting you with a "well.... Kadeejah don't needjah".