GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mrRabbit

1. M

Transmission replacement

Has anyone ever replaced their transmission, outside of the dealership? If you have, what was the procedure?
  2. M

Symptoms of a leaking Trans Pan?

Anyone know what are symptoms of a leaking trans pan? And potential resolutions for that issue.
  3. M

Engine Mount

My engine mount is slowly falling apart and I don't exactly want to go to the dealer to get it resolved. About how much will it cost to get a new one?
  4. M

Torn apart, need input

So, I got really unlucky with the GTI I bought a couple of months ago. Car seemed great when I bought, but later came to find out that the Oil Filter Housing was stuck and just recently that the Engine Block got messed up because whoever had it before somehow messed up the motor mount which has...
  5. M

Oil Filter Housing Stuck + the nipple is a bit stripped

The oil filter housing was stuck when I bought the car. Not sure if it has something causing it to be sealed towards the top of it, but it will not budge and the nipple is starting to strip off. Anyone have any suggestion on how to get this thing off. I have a new housing ready to replace this...
  6. M

P0766 CEL + Flashing PRNDS

Hey guys, I just bought this car a little over 3 months ago, at about 147k miles. Experienced the Flashing PRNDS the first night while driving (car was stuck in one gear, 1st I believe). Flashing went away when I started the car. Then weeks later, flashing came this time when I switched the gear...
  7. M

Repair

I'm about to replace my PCV valve and tensioner belt on my 07 GTI and I was wondering if it's worth buying non-OEM parts for a cheaper price? Or is it better to stick with OEM parts, especially for the PCV? Does it affect the installation process?