GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mr645

1. M

well, she's gone. R32 sold

Been a love/hate relationship over the past 4 years. Love the engine, brakes, fit and finish. DSG has been a nightmare as well as a steady stream of failures with DSG, Haldex, fuel, steering, electrical, airbags etc. Anyway, lease was up, buy out was $18k, sold it for $19, bought a WRX...
  2. M

'09 R32 41k miles $19,900

TYPO: The car is a 2008. Candy White Getting ready to turn in the lease. Car is excellent condition, no dings, dents, nothing on the outside. Stock, no mods, never raced or beat on. Stock wheels, second set of tires have about 66% tread (Conti Extreme DW), stock size. Has Pioneer...
  3. M

Pimp Gallardo

Convertible even.
  4. M

Seriously expensive crash

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16028568 8 Ferraris, a Lambo and 2 Benz
  5. M

Got my R32 back

Time to turn in my CC loaner. Nice car, but the turbo lag is annoying. But after 8 days the parts to fix the airbag system came in and the car is fixed.
  6. M

Mech recall, was great, now acting up again

My R32 has always had DSG issues, after 6 dealer adjustments the Mech was replaced. Wow, what a difference. Like a new car. Well, 6 months later the DSG is sluggish and hangs up again, sometimes not responding to clicks on the paddles. Is this typical? Anyone else have this issue? Jon
  7. M

Haldex failure again

My R32 had a sensor failure in the Haldex system last month. Sensor version could not be identified (there seems to be a few suppliers of that sensor and they are not interchangable) and VW authorized replacing the Haldex control unit. Well, it failed again this week. Car at the dealer this...
  8. M

I want this

Carbon boner http://www.jonlayephotography.com/unfuckwithable/
  9. M

well, my R is in the shop for a week again

Late last year it went in for the DSG recall, not she's in for a week for a Haldex repair. This is the 9th time my R32 has been in for warranty repairs.
  10. M

Orange Steering Wheel in tach keeps lighting

each morning a steering wheel symbol in the tach lights up, orange, and one flashed red. Goes away after a mile or so. Any idea what that is?
  11. M

VW considering replacing my R32

After 30 months, I have been notified that my R32 has DSG problems and needs new Mech unit and bushings. The issue to me is that the car has been to the dealer (2 of them) 6 times in the 30 months I have owned it for unresponsive or rough transmission operation. I complained nicely to VW that...
  12. M

delete
  13. M

delete
  14. M

Turbo works on Jetta, should work on R32, right?

http://www.faketurbo.com/volkswagenturbo.htm I guess I would need two for an R32 exhaust.
  15. M

A few weeks with new shoes. Continental Extreme DW

Stock 2008 R32 Been a few weeks and the tires are settling in. Replaced the stock Dunlop Sport A01 all season with the ContiExtreme DW, stock 225/40/18. Here in South Florida there was no need to go with the DWS or other all season tire. Anyway: Noise: the DW is quieter compared to the 75%...