GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by fuscobal

1. F

FS Audison VRX 4.300 & 1.500 high-end car amplifiers

Audison VRX 4.300 POWER SUPPLY . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .11 ÷ 15 VDC IDLING CURRENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.2 A IDLING CURRENT WHEN OFF . ...
  2. F

Clutch master cylinder upgrade ?

Hello guys, As many of you know, our cars have problems shifting fast once the clutch is upgraded. I was seeking for a solution since the past 2 years and I've come to the conclusion that our OEM master cylinder is unable to push fast enough the pressure plate of an upgraded clutch. My clutch...
  3. F

Rim/tire size choice for track

I am now running 225/45/17 on standard 7.5'' GTI rims wich was a much better setup for track than my first 235/35/19 Goodyear F1 Asymmetric street tires. However, in about 2 weeks I'll be installing 6POT 362x32mm AP Racing brakes wich will require 18'' wheels. As I'm gonna buy these anyway, I...
  4. F

AP Racing BBK technical inquiry

Hello guys, Just bought the ApRacing Pro 5000+ kit from a guy (TEFF, he's also a member here) and would like your opinion on the following problem. The caliper carriers had to be thinned in order to clear the swivel/hub on the lower side. Here's what Ap Racing said : "CP5060-1001NP was...
  5. F

Water temperature problem

It seems each trackday when the outside temp goes over 20deg, my water temps go crazy from 90 to 130 and then I have to slow down for a lap in order to let things cool down. Two days ago, on Hungaroring, this happened after only 2 hard laps. Any of you guys know if it's a malfunction of the...
  6. F

FS/FT : 2 x BBS RS-GT

For sale I have 2 BBS RS-GT forged rims with 8.5x19'', ET46 and 5x112. The wheels have been slightly damaged during an accident but they are in good structural shape. The lip would do a refinish (the yellowish spots come from heating up during the straightening process for they couldn't be...
  7. F

Can you change gears fast ?

The question is only for those with aftermarket clutches & single mass flywheels. Since many Sachs racing users complain about not being able to change gears fast (especially at high RPMs), I would like to know : Can anyone with SMF clutch change gears fast ?... I mean lightning fast, like...
  8. F

Wheel recommendation for track

Until now I've been on Nurburgring and Hungaroring with 235/35/19 and F1 asymmetric. As I felt there's too little grip for the power this car makes and the sidewall for this tire is too small for the track, I decided to go with 8x18" rims and semislicks. So the sidewall heights are as follows ...
  9. F

Need help identifying some errors

005425 - Camshaft Timing Adjustment: Open Circuit P1531 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11100100 Fault Priority: 0 Fault Frequency: 254 Mileage: 95272...
  10. F

PSS10 problem - need urgent help

Bad news for me. I hit a huge pothole and the front left spring got compressed so bad, the coils are excentric to each other and they touch each other at static load. I can't imagine how that coilover still works under dynamic loads since I don't see anymore possible travel on that spring. Since...
  11. F

Camber, toe and caster for a track day

These would be the alignment angles for the standard EURO spec GTI : ALIGNMENT SPECS: Front: Camber: -44' +/- 30' Toe Out (at left and right lock) : 1deg 22' Caster: 7deg 47 Ride Height: 360 +/- 7mm Rear: Camber : 1deg 45' These would be on a stock suspension of-course. Now, the...
  12. F

Brake lines

Since I now have front & rear R32/S3 brakes and the trip to Nurburgring is getting closer, I'm in the search for some good stainless steel brake lines. There are several offers in the market, the ones that I found at a quick search being : - ECS tuning >...
  13. F

Brake pads for track

In about 1 month I will be heading for Nurburgring so I need some pads to really handle it. I will be staying there for 4 days and probably do some 15 laps wich means approx. 300kms. Now I have the DS2500s but they are of light track use and can get fade while stopping from high speed like on...
  14. F

Best oil for gearbox

Until 1 year ago I was on stock oil (whatever that was). After installing the Peloquin LSD, I've also replaced the oil with Motul motylgear 75W90. Several days later I've also replaced the clutch and had problems shifting fast since then. Could the oil have anything to do with it or was it a...
  15. F

Dyno + logs > k04 + Revo stage 3

Previous dyno was made @ 33 degrees and I've got 348HP & 412NM This one is made @ 5 degrees and I will make another one once the twintercooler is installed. Boost seems to be fine, rail pressure is 3-4 bars under the requested, CFs are higher than it should but on low revs, in-tank pump pressure...