GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I have to say I am rather displeased with my current service from DriverMotorsport.

I have had issues with my calibration basically since I flashed it including an issue that prevented me from using cruise control at all (very frustrating). Well I've sent multiple emails and no response.

I did PM Antione here on the forums and he did email me back with a revised calibration. I loaded it and it made zero difference. I also asked some very simple questions about obtaining an RFD patch or if I already have it and it was not answered.

Still no response from anyone at DM after 8 emails in 2 weeks. I understand tuning and have self tuned all my project cars in the past...this being my DD I wanted a company to turn to for problems because I simply did have the time or need to mess with it myself on a new platform, but given my events and the fact my DM calibration has never ran quite right on my car I might jump to Eurodyne.

Does anyone know if I uninstall the DM calibration on my car with the programmer if I can then sell the Programmer and if it will work on another MKV FSI?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
The programmer is tied to your vin iirc

Yep it's stupid but that's what I've heard as well. Kind of a shame because my brother is picking up a MK5/6 and we live close enough that it would be great if we were able to use the same programmer with different files. I think we all pretty much are running into the same customer service issues these days. Grrrr if only the tunes weren't so damn good

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
It's been so damn long since I've gotten a response that I'm actually driving 1 1/2 hours on Saturday to get my APR Stage II back.

I uninstalled my K04 last year around August and was just rolling around stock tune for the longest time. Was gonna sell the car but I'm keeping it so decided why the heck not get my Stage II back since I have the hardware. Can't get a response from them so eff it. No charge to put APR back on.

Oh and my programmer bricked somehow so I'd either have to send in my ECU or drive to the nearest dealer which I think is like 4 hours. No thanks. Weren't they trying to move away from the programmer?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
It's been so damn long since I've gotten a response that I'm actually driving 1 1/2 hours on Saturday to get my APR Stage II back.

I uninstalled my K04 last year around August and was just rolling around stock tune for the longest time. Was gonna sell the car but I'm keeping it so decided why the heck not get my Stage II back since I have the hardware. Can't get a response from them so eff it. No charge to put APR back on.

Oh and my programmer bricked somehow so I'd either have to send in my ECU or drive to the nearest dealer which I think is like 4 hours. No thanks. Weren't they trying to move away from the programmer?

I hope that they realize their lack of communication is so bad that they are losing customers. Their biggest focus right now should be fixing their response times.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Curious about what is going on there behind the scene.

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
I hope that they realize their lack of communication is so bad that they are losing customers. Their biggest focus right now should be fixing their response times.

Are new customers voicing the same issues in this thread? They already had my money so why bother keeping me happy.

As said before in this thread, it's annoying because I agree that their tune is the best. I hated the APR K04 file. The Stage II is fine though so I will live with a 1 1/2 drive and a little gas money.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
So there is no way to "unmarry" to remove your VIN from the Programmer? Like if I was to completely remove the DM software from my car someone else couldn't then use the programmer?

I used a Cobb Accessport on a previous project car and it has steps to unmarry or completely remove the software and restore the ECU to factory defaults. You could then sell the AP to someone else and they could use it. Makes sense to me the DM programmer could do the same but DM obviously isn't on the level of Cobb (side note; REALLY wished Cobb made an Accessport for our platform...)

I don't really see my opinion changing on this too mich but as of now I would not recommend DriverMotorsport to any new customers.

Thoughts; what if I, as an experiment, were to email DM as a "new customer" from a different email account inquiring about purchasing a new programmer? Unethical? Slightly but I bet anything they would reply in 24 hours.

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
Thoughts; what if I, as an experiment, were to email DM as a "new customer" from a different email account inquiring about purchasing a new programmer? Unethical? Slightly but I bet anything they would reply in 24 hours.

I don't see anything unethical about that, actually.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I don't see anything unethical about that, actually.

Honestly neither do I. Do you guys know Plac on the MK6 boards? That dude goes through so many tune revisions on his new WRX and past GTI's, that it must be a full time job just for the tuner to keep up. So when I asked for tune revisions from DM I offered to pay extra for their time. Nothing is free and I'm willing to pay them a little extra for their time.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
So there is no way to "unmarry" to remove your VIN from the Programmer? Like if I was to completely remove the DM software from my car someone else couldn't then use the programmer?

I used a Cobb Accessport on a previous project car and it has steps to unmarry or completely remove the software and restore the ECU to factory defaults. You could then sell the AP to someone else and they could use it. Makes sense to me the DM programmer could do the same but DM obviously isn't on the level of Cobb (side note; REALLY wished Cobb made an Accessport for our platform...)

I don't really see my opinion changing on this too mich but as of now I would not recommend DriverMotorsport to any new customers.

Hmmm yeah I'm not sure. My buddy just got an ST so I've been trolling around the ST forums. You can completely unmarry the access-port and people are selling it for $100 less than what they bought it for. On the other hand, our programmers seem to be 100% useless to sell.

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
Honestly neither do I. Do you guys know Plac on the MK6 boards? That dude goes through so many tune revisions on his new WRX and past GTI's, that it must be a full time job just for the tuner to keep up. So when I asked for tune revisions from DM I offered to pay extra for their time. Nothing is free and I'm willing to pay them a little extra for their time.

I'm pretty sure their page actually used to say that special modifications/revisions to the tune would be $75. Don't see anything anymore.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
I'm okay with paying extra but the original calibration sent to me still isn't working right. I am not making the boost I am supposed to and my car feels slow. Before I start throwing parts at the car I'd at least like their opinion on what's happening.

I also offered to pay for an RFD patch and WMI adjustments.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I'm okay with paying extra but the original calibration sent to me still isn't working right. I am not making the boost I am supposed to and my car feels slow. Before I start throwing parts at the car I'd at least like their opinion on what's happening.

I also offered to pay for an RFD patch and WMI adjustments.

Boost leak? Run logs