GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Again wondering if 375ml or 400ml or 425ml ect is needed to accomplish that timing advance of 21deg

That is what I am going to find out. I imagine each setup is a bit different and folks like me have to start with 91 octane fuel so I will need more WM than someone starting with 93 octane fuel to achieve the same results.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Extra credit today

Moved dual nozzle water meth from a combined total of 325ml to 400ml
Loaded up a more aggressive tune, thank you DM.
And it rips.

Once the logs have been looked at and anymore adjusting that can be done is done I will go back to the dyno once again.

DSG is comical with all this power. Left to automatic and stomping it at 20mph had it shifting at about 4K at one point. Even in manual mode it will shift just before I do on some occasions and I jump 2 gears.

The motor is running awesome just need to get the DSG in sync to fully enjoy.

Last edited:

Duster117

Ready to race!
So exciting!!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Most excellent update!

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
So you're running a 175 in the tb spacer, and a 225 in the pipe now instead of a 100 and a 175??

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So you're running a 175 in the tb spacer, and a 225 in the pipe now instead of a 100 and a 175??

This was the progression with adjusted tunes each step

Nozzle 1 - in silicone tubing at intercooler exit
Nozzle 2 - in INA Throttle Plate

Noz 1 / Noz 2

126/100
175/100
225/100 - most recent dyno 335/336
225/175 - with an adjusted tune 4/27/2014

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
What's your timing advance now

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Glad I have extra nozzles to play with also....real soon.

It will make a huge difference having someone tune for WMI to take full advantage of it instead of being stuck with whatever off the shelf settings are.
Have fun. DM is great to work with and you will be happy with the results. And since you have a TSI motor the potential is even greater than my weaker FSI motor.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Glad everything is working out ! Couldn't imagine your car any faster it was already insanely fast . My programmer should be here soon then I can start having fun

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
18 and he added some torque under 4K

That means probably some more left on the table with a little more wm. I could probably add a 60ml nozzle and be fine at 435ml

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That means probably some more left on the table with a little more wm. I could probably add a 60ml nozzle and be fine at 435ml

Well I ran it with the new tune, it seems very fast but once Bronson has a chance to look at the logs I will know the real story but I think you are right.

This 400ml setup seems to tolerate the tune just fine, pulls zero timing. Heck he may even be able to give me more without adding anymore WM.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Glad everything is working out ! Couldn't imagine your car any faster it was already insanely fast . My programmer should be here soon then I can start having fun

So your tune is on the way? If you need help with logs I am happy to help.
Yeah you will have to go for a ride in this beast now.