GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

raceland better then Ksport

smartHatchMK5

shhhh i'm hunting wabbits
so i have been owning "cheap" Racelands for over two years with over 50K miles on them. still to this day they are in perfect shape... well i figured i wanted to go lower because with raceland, i'm at 23.8 front FTG and 23.5 rear.. so i hear Ksports go LOW... not the case at all... BSH claim's there is ether mid to LOW range for these. well that's BS... i even took two of the three collars out. now let me say when you do this "yes" they go very low.. but here is the thing. they ride like shittttttttttt.. when i say shit.. like bouncing allll over the place..ass! not even worth it riding like that.. why? because the spring is no longer preloaded at that point there for rides like shit.. with the all collars in it rides much better but is 4x4'n :( at this moment i'm really thinking about putting my racelands back on... not only do they go lower but they ride better to... how does that even make sense? i don't know?? all i know is i'm pissed. i have wasted 900$ bucks on junk:thumbdown:... i would have been better off with FK's........

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Grabs popcorn...

smartHatchMK5

i read so many positive feed back on these coils.. i just don't get it.. the rear can go DUMB low but the front.. not so much.. and i hear people talkin about how they ride like stock.. what? no.. not even close..

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
i got v2's I'm guessing you got v3 and i heard those don't go as low. Mine ride awesome and I go LOW in the summer, right now I'm 23.5 ftg for winter but they ride great. not calling you out but you might have messed something up in the install, maybe its not tightened enough or alignment, whose knows. try playing with them a little more

smartHatchMK5

i mean. i can make them go low. i had them at 23'' even. but it rode like ass. it rode so bad that i was like.. fuck this..

yes.. brand new v3's

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
lower it

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Over priced low quality suspension made in China vs. Normal priced low quality suspension made in China. The difference is?
One is twin tube and one is mono tube. Twin tube usually rides easier because it has lower pressure gas and requires less initial force to move the shock. Mono tube has to use high pressure gas so it has less resolution. Mono tube offers performance benefits in the long run because it has more consistent damping because of it's ability to disperse heat. Twin tube shocks are inconsistent and the damping forces change with heat.

Don't count out either of them though. They are both used in racing and both have merits. KW V3's are twin tube but are known for their performance, Bilstein PSS10 are mono tube and are also known for their performance. But those are made in Germany and apparently that makes a difference.

Last edited:

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Love my ksport v3's, did you bother to adjust the dampening? All this talk and no one has mentioned that, unless I missed it

smartHatchMK5

why? so i can blow out the strut? if i take the collars out again and go low it will blow out.. no point i would rather go low with my racelands and be safe then fuck up a pair of 900$ coils...

also i will say one good thing for ksport.... my car handles like :happyanim: with the ksport but that's as far as it goes.. if your looking to go anything under 23 FTG ksport "is not" what your looking for... unfortunately it cost me a nice chunk of money to find that out..thank Ksport and BSH for fulse advertisement:thumbdown:

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
also i will say one good thing for ksport.... my car handles like :happyanim: with the ksport but that's as far as it goes..

Hmmm car handling great, seems like a good suspension is supposed to do that. In fact, its the only thing its supposed to do.

why? so i can blow out the strut? if i take the collars out again and go low it will blow out.. no point i would rather go low with my racelands and be safe then fuck up a pair of 900$ coils...

First of all I'm sure he was joking, second of all you are the first person I've ever seen complain about these coils. Third, I'll ask again, did you adjust dampening?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Was a joke son
I poke fun at people when they try to slam their cars then complain they ride like shit. herpa derp

As was mentioned you probably just need to adjust them, as AFAIK Ksports are good and Racelands are ebay garbage.

smartHatchMK5

Was a joke son
I poke fun at people when they try to slam their cars then complain they ride like shit. herpa derp

As was mentioned you probably just need to adjust them, as AFAIK Ksports are good and Racelands are ebay garbage.

no no. i know you were joking. i was just making a point that you " can not " go low with ksport "safely" witch is very disappointing to me.

and i know i'm the only one to ever say anything negative about ksport.. i said that in a earlier post^^

damping has nothing to do with how low it will go.. but if you want to know if i did mess with it, yes i did.. when i took the collars out. the car went low but rode like ass. so i took it front 18/36 to 3/36 it did make it a little less bouncy but it still was riding like ass.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
no no. i know you were joking. i was just making a point that you " can not " go low with ksport "safely" witch is very disappointing to me.

and i know i'm the only one to ever say anything negative about ksport.. i said that in a earlier post^^

damping has nothing to do with how low it will go.. but if you want to know if i did mess with it, yes i did.. when i took the collars out. the car went low but rode like ass. so i took it front 18/36 to 3/36 it did make it a little less bouncy but it still was riding like ass.

I'm still confused, you say it handles great, but rides like ass. So which is it? and 3/36? holy shit bro, of course its bouncy, you gotta stiffen those bitches up the lower you go. I'm not even low and I'm at 28/36.