GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 Drivers Door Security L.E.D. Question

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
I used the search function with no results.

I noticed that on certain occasions that when I come out to my GTI in the morning to go to work; the door LED will be blinking abnormally or lit up constant (on different days.)

I am wondering if there is any significance to this. Does this mean that maybe someone for example set off the alarm or tried to open the door but it was locked? I am puzzled because this has only happened a few times over the 8,000 miles that I have owned the MKV.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DG1

no biggie man. its just the factory alarm. IT doesn't blink constantly, it has a certain pattern/patterns. Sometimes it doesn't flash for a while, other times it flashes quickly, or slowly. it is pretty normal i thought. Just the alarm going thru its cycle if you know what i mean.

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
no biggie man. its just the factory alarm. IT doesn't blink constantly, it has a certain pattern/patterns. Sometimes it doesn't flash for a while, other times it flashes quickly, or slowly. it is pretty normal i thought. Just the alarm going thru its cycle if you know what i mean.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way because I mean no offense...but that sounds like an exact explanation that a salesman would give me when he has no fucking clue to the question that I asked him but he won't admit it.

VW is all about engineering and I highly doubt that the indicator LED just sporadically stays lit for no reason (except its "cycle" as you say). Everything else in the car is thought out and there for a reason. I find it hard to believe that this issue (LED staying on only sometimes) is not an indication of something. Even if it is an indication of defective equipment or programming. Something is going on and I will some day find out just what that is.

Anyone who really knows about this problem please enlighten us all.

Thanks, DG

rukkus

yeah the same thing happened on my rabbit... the led in the door by wouldn't turn off, and i was driving around with that bright red light on... it eventually shut off when i turned everything off and restarted it.

same on a 2007 gti

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
After disarming mine the light has stayed on constant. If i arm and disarm again it goes out. Has happened a few times to me too

arthur

Has happened to me once in 500 miles so far! :confused:

Here's my theory: !!!
It flashes either when it senses something, or at regular intervals to show outsiders that the alarm is activated. It could be because the alarm sensor has not been turned off when the alarm was deactivated, so when you are driving the car it can sense you so the light stays constant but the alarm wont go off because it is deactivated.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Dude, don't take this the wrong way because I mean no offense...but that sounds like an exact explanation that a salesman would give me when he has no fucking clue to the question that I asked him but he won't admit it.

VW is all about engineering and I highly doubt that the indicator LED just sporadically stays lit for no reason (except its "cycle" as you say). Everything else in the car is thought out and there for a reason. I find it hard to believe that this issue (LED staying on only sometimes) is not an indication of something. Even if it is an indication of defective equipment or programming. Something is going on and I will some day find out just what that is.

Anyone who really knows about this problem please enlighten us all.

Thanks, DG

If you really feel that something is wrong instead of being on here, why not bring it in and have the TECH take a look at it. And then you can ENLIGHTEN us all. :smile:

Maybe you have faulty wiring? But just so you know, LED does cycle and each blink/ or multiple blinks means something...what i don't know.

Hopefully you can figure it out. Good luck.

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
If you really feel that something is wrong instead of being on here, why not bring it in and have the TECH take a look at it. And then you can ENLIGHTEN us all. :smile:

Maybe you have faulty wiring? But just so you know, LED does cycle and each blink/ or multiple blinks means something...what i don't know.

Hopefully you can figure it out. Good luck.

Ya, the only reason I am hesitant to take it in to the dealer is because then I have to bolt the factory exhaust back on. I guess I am just too lazy for that.

Glad you didn't think I was being a dick when I posted before...I am just really puzzled. I honestly don't think there is something wrong/faulty---I just think it does this for a specific reason. I just don't yet know what that reason it.

Oh well, some day we will all find out.

See ya,
DG1

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think the solid red is supoosed to be pasive arming. If you lock the car with the remote and then hit it again it locks the doors without arming. I am pretty sure I read that on Vortex somewhere....or maybe in my manual.

Frogster

AKA Snoop Froggy Frogg
Probably the best explanation I've heard so far, I'm going to test it although I would have thought it would go off when you unlock the car?

Kauz

Go Kart Newbie
I think the solid red is supoosed to be pasive arming. If you lock the car with the remote and then hit it again it locks the doors without arming. I am pretty sure I read that on Vortex somewhere....or maybe in my manual.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read it in my manual too. You could've read my post on Vortex w/ that idea too...LOL. I remember posting that few months back.

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this problem as well. I initially thought it was a passive arming issue as well, but the light did not go back off. At any rate, I did go to the dealer to ask about it. The dealer did not know what it was, and did not seem to be familiar with the light staying on all the time. The service guy suggested that since the light is on both before and after the car is locked, that it is something odd (it should not be ambiguous whether or not the alarm is in fact armed. He said that if I walked up to the car and the light was on solid, that I should roll down the windows without unlocking the car (from the key) and then reach in to open the door from the inside.

Now this sounded a little funny to me, since I would assume that opening the windows with the key would disarm the alarm, but the service guy said thats not so.

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
After typing the above post, I went out to my car to go to the grocery store, and the light was on solid. I know for sure that I had locked the car, and it beeped, so all the doors were properly closed. The light was on the whole way to the store, and once I got out and re-locked the door, the light blinked like normal.