GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 Drivers Door Security L.E.D. Question

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
I used the search function with no results.

I noticed that on certain occasions that when I come out to my GTI in the morning to go to work; the door LED will be blinking abnormally or lit up constant (on different days.)

I am wondering if there is any significance to this. Does this mean that maybe someone for example set off the alarm or tried to open the door but it was locked? I am puzzled because this has only happened a few times over the 8,000 miles that I have owned the MKV.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DG1

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
you know what, i never really noticed, but give me a week, and ill write down my results on the leds when locking.

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
you know what, i never really noticed, but give me a week, and ill write down my results on the leds when locking.

Cool, thanks for the help. Just to be clear though...I am referencing when I come out in the morning and unlock the car, and/or look in at the LED before I unlock also. Sometimes its lit up solid (no blink) and sometimes it is blinking really fast and steady. Unlike the usual Blink..........(few seconds)........Blink.

K, just wanted to make sure I explained my situation properly. Thanks for the assistance.

DG

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Cool, thanks for the help. Just to be clear though...I am referencing when I come out in the morning and unlock the car, and/or look in at the LED before I unlock also. Sometimes its lit up solid (no blink) and sometimes it is blinking really fast and steady. Unlike the usual Blink..........(few seconds)........Blink.

K, just wanted to make sure I explained my situation properly. Thanks for the assistance.

DG

ok i got it.. give me till friday, and ill write down my results

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i think someones posted something once about saying their led on the door lock wasn't blinking and sometimes was solid...

Izzy GTI

Ready to race!
I had the same issue...came out to my car and the light was solid for my entire drive. Did someone tamper with the car while it was parked...let us know.

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, well I know there are a lot of people who are very well versed and educated on V-Dubs on this site---Guess it was a relevant question to ask since no one knows a definitive answer. I think I will call the dealer tomorrow. I will post again if I find out anything.

Thanks
DG1

Tom$lick

Ich bin ein Berliner
Car(s)
A6
It's happened to me a few times, I cycle the alarm on and off and it goes away. I don't believe it's people messing with my car because it's done it with me standing right next to it a couple times...

manu4ever88

yeah the same thing happened on my rabbit... the led in the door by wouldn't turn off, and i was driving around with that bright red light on... it eventually shut off when i turned everything off and restarted it.