GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI To R32 Conversion - Build Thread

LPhiE

Go Kart Champion
^^ We here in North American and even in Europe are spoiled with somewhat cheap prices (shipping, taxes, etc.) for parts. That is not always the case for OP and his friend and others who live in countries like theirs. It's good to see you guys doing your thing.

Good luck with the build and can't wait for updates and pics!

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!
I guess ur right about the whole title thing , I'm sorry if I misled you in anyway:yikes:

I knew what it meant... and I wouldn't get to worried about the title... there's far more misleading ones out there.

'CAN'T SEE SHIT!!!' is a new one

... I totally went in to see if I could help him figure out why he was so blind, perhaps offer up contact info for a fantastic ophthalmologist, turned out my help wasn't needed, and all I found inside was heartbreak and confusion...

So seriously, you're good bro... lol :thumbsup:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
^^ We here in North American and even in Europe are spoiled with somewhat cheap prices (shipping, taxes, etc.) for parts. That is not always the case for OP and his friend and others who live in countries like theirs. It's good to see you guys doing your thing.

Thanks man:thumbsup:!! Waiting for ur opinion during the build:thumbup:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I knew what it meant... and I wouldn't get to worried about the title... there's far more misleading ones out there.

'CAN'T SEE SHIT!!!' is a new one

... I totally went in to see if I could help him figure out why he was so blind, perhaps offer up contact info for a fantastic ophthalmologist, turned out my help wasn't needed, and all I found inside was heartbreak and confusion...

So seriously, you're good bro... lol :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: @ "CANT SEE SHIT" title!!!

You got me laughing sooo hard man:bellyroll::bellyroll:

Stay tuned and give us ur inputs:w00t:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
2200 for headlights is insane I would return them and just search until you find a much better deal around here

Its ALOT of money man , i'm gonna ask him abt the price again , he might be mistaken , I guess they are for about 1500USD or so , because once I went to the dealer , he had used ones for 1000USD but in mint condition , he told me that he would take mine (Stock ones) + 600USD over them for the XENON lights.. Didnt have the money by that time:iono:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Rim Color

Hey guys , I was looking at the some pictures and I was imagining the wheels with the new front bumper..

The Rim color is Titanium , as u can see in the pic below... I dont think that they will look good , they might look cheap:yikes:

My friend was thinking about matching them to the same original color of the new R32 front bumper , the color of the front GRILL...

And the mirror cases , we where thinking about matching them also to the color of the new R32 GRILL

Inputs needed:bow::w00t:

Attachments

• IMG00189-20100621-0910.jpg
    IMG00189-20100621-0910.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG00188-20100621-0909.jpg
    IMG00188-20100621-0909.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
in case you guys are wondering what Vin25 meant by calender,,,
calender is french for = grille

Vin25 is french educated LOL tu es tres stupide cheri, la prochaine fois vérifier votre traduction!

CIao

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!
Hey guys , I was looking at the some pictures and I was imagining the wheels with the new front bumper..

The Rim color is Titanium , as u can see in the pic below... I dont think that they will look good , they might look cheap:yikes:

My friend was thinking about matching them to the same original color of the new R32 front bumper , the color of the front GRILLE...

And the mirror cases , we where thinking about matching them also to the color of the new R32 GRILLE

Inputs needed:bow::w00t:

So are you saying that you are thinking about painting your rims? Or that you were wondering if you should color match it to the front grille of the car?

I don't think that the Titanium on the rims looks bad, though in those pix they look like they could use some touch-up

I think accenting colors would look good, especially on a dark car like yours. I think it might look a little more dynamic if you painted the inserts a darker color than the rim is now. But I don't know that I've seen that before, so I'd have no idea how it would look ;)

And if you have a CF/Titanium colored grille, matching it with the wheels wouldn't look bad at all. :thumbsup:

cwhite09GTI

Daily Racer
did u guys fill the hood notch before painting....

that would have been a good thing to do while taking out scratches and dents and getting repainted....

enjoy the build.

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
So are you saying that you are thinking about painting your rims? Or that you were wondering if you should color match it to the front grille of the car?

I don't think that the Titanium on the rims looks bad, though in those pix they look like they could use some touch-up

I think accenting colors would look good, especially on a dark car like yours. I think it might look a little more dynamic if you painted the inserts a darker color than the rim is now. But I don't know that I've seen that before, so I'd have no idea how it would look ;)

And if you have a CF/Titanium colored grille, matching it with the wheels wouldn't look bad at all. :thumbsup:

What I meant is that we want to see if the grill will look good with those rims..

But matching the rims to the grill is not a bad idea dude:headbang:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
did u guys fill the hood notch before painting....

that would have been a good thing to do while taking out scratches and dents and getting repainted....

enjoy the build.

By "hood notch" u mean the big dent on the motor cover?

If yes , well it has been filled and repainted! im just waiting for my friend to send the pics...

Front bumper and Xenon Lights will be put on tmrw :thumbup::headbang:

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI

You guys are spoiled....I had to replace a xenon headlight and it cost me $500
a front bumper or bonnet is $600 each over here!
S3 fmic from audi is $700 if you know someone in the parts department you can get discount to $500 at most:eyebulge: