GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who runs 19 inch wheels here? Thoughts?

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
It looks pants. Silver/Polished whatever or GM work well.

There's nothing else on the car that would compliment white wheels making it look out of place.

3523417877_65906d770a_b copy.jpg

saad

Go Kart Champion
Thanks mate. BTW how did u do the photoshop?

I think silver or bronze/gold is the way to go.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Select wheels, bounce layer, change levels, erase from 'white' layer to show brakes.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Hey there... I saw this thread and thought I'll chime in... I recently went to the guys over at VMR, and they test fitted the V709's on my car in the 19" size. I'm lowered about 1.7" all around, and I rubbed going over a few speed bumps. They look good, but I don't think they would look good unless the car is lowered. Personally, I would much rather go with 18" wheels which they are currently working on. They're trying to make 18" versions of all their wheels at the moment. I'm waiting to get some pictures from the guys over there and I'll be sure to pass em along. 19" wheels look good, but they're too big for me personally. If I were you, I'd wait until more news of the 18" size leaks out. Nonetheless, they're wheels look great, I'll be waiting for the smaller size of the V709's and V713's until I make a decision between the two :)

That's because we mounted 235 tires onto your GTI instead of 225:biggrin:

saad

Go Kart Champion
What sort of tyre packaged can u offer btw? Im looking to buy v. soon

saad

Go Kart Champion
I think Im getting the wheels first instead now. im looking at my car right now, and the 17s do really seem to small, and the wheels will have more of an impact on looks.

Also, I just curbed one of the wheels :(

triode12

Go Kart Champion

Anyone convert these to white? I dont have the skills, but im guessing a path, or layer mask, then somehow convert to white?

Where I was born and lived for half of my life (Singapore), only bogans (or our version of them) drive around with white wheels.
:barf:

As GTI_SS has recommended - stick with GM or the Alu silver finish.

saad

Go Kart Champion
Ok so Im going the 18s - what tyre size do I need, 225 or 235 or 240? And can anyone recommend a good tyre from tire rack that isnt stupidly expensive, perhaps comparable to the federal RSR's?