GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audiosources AS-7608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Thedavemiester, heh... It looks like they use a same external "CAN box" as on TID7501 (VW-SS-01), I saw it one year ago... I hope they will use last version, because several versions of this "box" cannot detect ACC signal properly on cars 2008 and newer.

DayteX

Passed Driver's Ed
i wonder if i solder a little bit of copper around my current AS7608 like in the picture above it would improve radio reception ...

Only if the bad radio reception is due to interference from other devices in the car or other sources. Not if the antenna (which golf 5 is known for) isn't receiving signals very well or if the radio doesn't amplify the signals enough. Radio's supplied by VW have an internal amplifier fit for the diversity or dual fakra antenna's but other brands do not always have similar results.

Last edited:

linuxmad

Hi,
I am from Portugal and I recently acquired one unit from Timelesslong - (TID7901) (http://www.timelesslong.cn/Simplified/ProductView.asp?ID=466&SortID=85) for my Audi A4 year 2002 model B6. I, like a lot of others in Portuguese Audi forum (www.audipt.com), am having a few problems with this unit. Although this is a thread about AS708, I was wondering if you guys could help us solve our troubles.. So here it goes:
1) No info on FIS display (timelesslong answered it should work on B6 platform) but no info is displayed (radio, cd..etc);
2) When in reverse the camera is not working automatically. Instead you have to press SRC key and then a small icon (camera gif) to turn reverse camera on.
3) The HU came with a small dark red can bus emulator (software version 1.0a). It seems a bit outdated ..no?
4)Ilumination is working right through canbox emulator, but is not instantaneously, it takes a few milliseconds more to turn on..normal?
5) About firmware updates, since manufacturer said that there are no updates available for this model, and since some of these units share the same hardware, is it possible to get some new firmware, including some new skins etc?

Thanks for your help,

José

cdudeman

Hey guys,
I bought this unit and it is working very well. The only problem I have is that I can not find working igo8 or tom tom software for this. If anyone has an idea where I might get it, or can upload what they have working to megaupload or something and shoot me a link in a pm, I would be very grateful.

Biaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
Error again.

Hi everyone :happyanim:

Writing after a long pause.
I have a car in 7608 Gold Edition Dual DVB-T tuner
yet I had no problem but ....
I probably met all the errors as described here ....
It began with a blue screen navigation... "Welcome...
Disappeared in the painting line distance from the parking camera ....
Black screen (R223 - correct). I incorporate the reverse. Camera image was .... but no other ....
Then let anything .... audio only ..... Player is working but only sound - no picture...
Improper repairs Microelectronics ... I Machinist ... :23:
I've read from should be swapped for 25LV010 25AA1024 true? in my case?
Mindrunner, Alex_Rus help please .... but so be it and I understand :iono:

Huge thanks :bow::bow::bow:

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Hi everyone :happyanim:

Writing after a long pause.
I have a car in 7608 Gold Edition Dual DVB-T tuner
yet I had no problem but ....
I probably met all the errors as described here ....
It began with a blue screen navigation... "Welcome...
Disappeared in the painting line distance from the parking camera ....
Black screen (R223 - correct). I incorporate the reverse. Camera image was .... but no other ....
Then let anything .... audio only ..... Player is working but only sound - no picture...
Improper repairs Microelectronics ... I Machinist ... :23:
I've read from should be swapped for 25LV010 25AA1024 true? in my case?
Mindrunner, Alex_Rus help please .... but so be it and I understand :iono:

Huge thanks :bow::bow::bow:

If you start getting welcome screen hang, then must do a gps firmware update. What windows version do you have?
Painting line disappeared from the rear camera image has nothing to do with AS7608...is it generated from camera.

If now everything has sound but no image, then you are correct..must change the TFT firmware chip.

If you need the files just PM your email adress and i will send it. For gps i need to know your version.

linuxmad

Hi,
I am from Portugal and I recently acquired one unit from Timelesslong - (TID7901) (http://www.timelesslong.cn/Simplified/ProductView.asp?ID=466&SortID=85) for my Audi A4 year 2002 model B6. I, like a lot of others in Portuguese Audi forum (www.audipt.com), am having a few problems with this unit. Although this is a thread about AS708, I was wondering if you guys could help us solve our troubles.. So here it goes:
1) No info on FIS display (timelesslong answered it should work on B6 platform) but no info is displayed (radio, cd..etc);
2) When in reverse the camera is not working automatically. Instead you have to press SRC key and then a small icon (camera gif) to turn reverse camera on.
3) The HU came with a small dark red can bus emulator (software version 1.0a). It seems a bit outdated ..no?
4)Ilumination is working right through canbox emulator, but is not instantaneously, it takes a few milliseconds more to turn on..normal?
5) About firmware updates, since manufacturer said that there are no updates available for this model, and since some of these units share the same hardware, is it possible to get some new firmware, including some new skins etc?

Thanks for your help,

José

Can someone help?:bow::bow::bow::help::help::help:

GDogg

A couple questions

This is my first post after reading every page of this thread (about 3 hours of reading!). I am considering purchasing the AS-7608 Gold edition for my 2007 Rabbit (Canadian Model).

I have a few questions that werent covered in the pages of this thread and hopefully you might be able to answer them. I have also emailed Audiosources with some of these questions but they havent gotten back to me yet.

1.Igo8 does not have maps for Canada. Will the AS-7608 use a Garmin or TomTom map?

2.Since Canada doesnt have DVB-T, Is it possible to order the AS-7608 without DVB-T?

3. I do not have steering wheel controls so would I have to worry about the Canbus issue with the battery drain?

4. Will this unit withstand cold temperatures?

Thanks in advance for all the responses!

G

golf for life

Ready to race!
This is my first post after reading every page of this thread (about 3 hours of reading!). I am considering purchasing the AS-7608 Gold edition for my 2007 Rabbit (Canadian Model).

I have a few questions that werent covered in the pages of this thread and hopefully you might be able to answer them. I have also emailed Audiosources with some of these questions but they havent gotten back to me yet.

1.Igo8 does not have maps for Canada. Will the AS-7608 use a Garmin or TomTom map?

* you can use any navigation program you can get your hands on..

2.Since Canada doesnt have DVB-T, Is it possible to order the AS-7608 without DVB-T?

* the basic unit comes with analog TV(DVB-T is an addon you need to pay extra for..) so the answer is yes you can order it without..

3. I do not have steering wheel controls so would I have to worry about the Canbus issue with the battery drain?

about the battery drain I can't say for sure, but not having the steering wheel controls will not cause any problems for you. it is just something that this unit can work with..

4. Will this unit withstand cold temperatures?

* I have no idea but some of the forum members are from Russia so..

Thanks in advance for all the responses!

G

hope this will answer your questions

DayteX

Passed Driver's Ed
nobody iphone here??

Hi,

I would be weary of the promised iPhone support. Although I had tested the AS 8601G it does have the same bluetooth chip as the 7608G as it's based on the same platform.

My findings with an iPhone 4 were:
- Connection was fast and pairing the devices wasn't a problem (use 0000 as serial code)
- audiostreaming worked well although it would sometimes wouldn't start playing even if it was connected. It wouldn't stream the names of the songs however so browsing through songs was a no-go,
- Although connecting and calling by pressing a number on screen wasn't an issue, I wasn't able to view the phonebook without the device disconnecting. This is a known issue at AS but there most likely won't be an update for this as I received in an email from them. Also, when being called, it would display a number on screen, however no name was displayed which cripples the functionality as a whole considerably :23:
- They didn't include an external mic as promised, and people on the other end of the line complained about me speaking too soft or not hearing anything at all at times (most likely due to background noisecancellation).

I will not rant about the same attitude of AS towards all the other functions that are supposed to be on it, but lack of decent iPhone support (and defective screen of the unit and lack of other options) did have me sending this thing back for a Zenec alternative (with parrot bluetooth). This will be installed on thursday so I will get back to you with any conclusion on that, as I now have something to compare the AS with.

Status
Not open for further replies.