GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NHTSA OPENS FEDERAL INVESTIGATION INTO DSG FAILURES

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
fucking awesome. had my mech. replaced @ 33K - free DSG flush as far as i'm concerned.

VWRedux

Car(s)
09 Wolfie 2.0TSI DSG
Why no 2006 and 2007's? Not enough complaints filed with the NHTSA.... not yet any ways! Get on their website and give them hell! The more they get the more they'll include...........The links are above! Get on IT!

VWRedux

Car(s)
09 Wolfie 2.0TSI DSG
It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do to your car. If you have had repair work to the DSG by your dealer under warranty, or not under warranty, if you had your car totally tricked out or not... if you flashed the tranny or not... it does not matter!

IF YOUR DSG EVER HAD ISSUES IN THE PAST OR PRESENT, HAD ACTED UP IN THE PAST BUT GOES AWAY AND COMES BACK, OR IT WAS SERVICED BUT NEVER FELT THE SAME... FILE A REPORT ASAP!

THE LINK: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
This is serious

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
so is that why my car kinda like surges, like when you come off the clutch on a manual wrong? in drive and reverse?

dtvburns

Tweek
My 2006 has been in the shop for over TWO MONTHS for a bad DSG.

BTW you can ask VW to pay your loan during that time, they are allegedly going got pay 3 months of mine.

dtvburns

Tweek
Really? I should do a search on that...... not in NY
"COVERAGE PERIOD OF THE NEW YORK LEMON LAW
The lemon law covers vehicles during the first 18,000 miles of operation or during the
period of 2 years following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle, whichever
is the earlier date."

My dealer told me that the repair is being put off indefinitely while VW tries to fix the problems. Apparently the NTSB inquiry has scared them and they are now afraid of law suites. The dealer said someone form VW will be calling me soon.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
Nice. Thanks for the info Redux. I have had a few occasions with stutters and bangs, as well as moments of no responce from the DSG. Luckily nothing that has put me in danger. IMO the DSG has potential to be a great trans. VW deffently needs to work out the kinks.

they did, they made the 6MT:biggrin::lol:

On a real note, this is good, cause i also agree the DSG is an excellent tranny, nothing like it. I have been seeing more and more threads starting to pop up about DSG problems and noises and what not, and thats not counting the people who own these cars and are not on the forum.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
so is that why my car kinda like surges, like when you come off the clutch on a manual wrong? in drive and reverse?

Had that problem. Replacing mechatronics fixed it.

However, now I'm getting about 50% of the time hard drops into first, or the car won't actually go into first until I make a 100% dead stop. Otherwise starts in second.

You can search my feelings on the DSG. Cool tech, but overall, not incredibly impressed. My opinion, automatics from Cadillac, BMW, Infiniti work just as well as the DSG but dont thud, clunk, get caught all flustered, etc. And they don't cost thousands to work on.

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
Had that problem. Replacing mechatronics fixed it.

However, now I'm getting about 50% of the time hard drops into first, or the car won't actually go into first until I make a 100% dead stop. Otherwise starts in second.

You can search my feelings on the DSG. Cool tech, but overall, not incredibly impressed. My opinion, automatics from Cadillac, BMW, Infiniti work just as well as the DSG but don’t thud, clunk, get caught all flustered, etc. And they don't cost thousands to work on.

Jerome,

Although I'm in the same boat as you, I can't quite say that I agree with your comments.

Despite my "troubles" with DSG related issues my overall opinion of the GTI and VW remains quite positive. After 3 months of ownership I still feel that GTI is exactly what I was looking for and don't have the slightest bit of regret over my choice. Keeping in mind that there’s a lot of tech found on our cars that is not commonly present in this price range. To use your example, neither Cadillac, BMW nor Infinity make anything like the GTI.

Don't get me wrong, I too wish that DSG was a bit more baked. If it was, it would probably be called DCT. Overall, I'm willing to overlook a few quirks and consentrate on the positives. I have no problem with adjusting my driving habits to better fit the cars eccentricities in return for all the joy I get from driving it.

Someone else on this forum once compared the GTI to a hot girlfriend that also happens to be a high maintenance bitch. You put up with her shit because she’s good in bed. Enough said...