GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Bazzle, looks very cool. But with each of the files, I get a message that they are not valid archive files when I try to unzip them..

Chris

jjorge

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
a strange thing happens when I turn the red wire acc to +12V i can connect and disconnect the unit without the ignition but when I turn the car lights i get no lighting in the unit.
but when I unplug the red wire +12V acc I get my lighting in the unit when I turn the car lights.

regards,

jorge martins

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
a strange thing happens when I turn the red wire acc to +12V i can connect and disconnect the unit without the ignition but when I turn the car lights i get no lighting in the unit.
but when I unplug the red wire +12V acc I get my lighting in the unit when I turn the car lights.

regards,

jorge martins

I'm no expert, but as I understand, the HU lighting is controlled by the canbus. If you are powering the unit from the ACC wire the canbus functions will not work. If you want to power from ACC only you could use the pink ILLUM wire to turn on the LEDs. (+12V = on full brightness)

Can you do me a favor and see where your ACC wire goes into the unit? See the photo a couple of posts back.

Chris

jjorge

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
the wires on my unit are equal to the picture, what I did was solder a wire to the blue wire that is cut in the unit and connect the +12 v permanent.
But i have cut the blue wire with +12 v because this way I get no light on the unit.

jorge martins

jjorge

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
I need help, how do i make a connection to the reverse camera, because I made the connection of the red wire of the reverse camara to the blue wire "p-con" to the unit and the black wire to ground of the car, but when i shifted reverse gear the unit does not pass Automatic for the reverse camara, i do not know why.

jorge martins

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info on the wires. The automatic switching to camera on selection of reverse gear is controlled by the canbus in all cases. It sounds like you are powering your unit without the canbus so automatic switching will not work.

Can you switch manually to the camera input? If yes, then the issue is definitely the canbus.

Chris

Patrick4020

Hello everybody,

after i fixed the problem with the Q9 Transistor i have a new Problem.
After about 2 Month of use the Radio loose the settings when engine is of of sometimes it loose the settings durig the engine is running and i'm driving.
Today i checked the fuse i have attached on the permanent positive cable and the fuse is good but the plastic around the fuse is melted.
So i dismounted the unit and checked if anywhere it is shorted and when i test the permanent positive pin with the "negative" pin they are shorted for about 5 secounds.
Than after about 1 Minute they are shorted again for about 5 seconds.

Is that normal? Does anyone know how to fix that problem?

Best Regards
Patrick

glina126

Ready to race!
I have a a question, How can I make it so that the wd6050 will be on when the car is not on? Right now the only way of turning the panel on is to turn the car on.

With the original radio I was able to turn it on even with the car off.

thanks

PeteGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GOLF 5 GTI
GPS Problem

Anyone else having Gps Signal problems this week?
In WINCE, its connected and gets Lat and Long but nothing in the sat monitor.
Garmin obviosly wont work as it cant get sats.