GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08 GTI w/DSG + Revo = Rough Shifts at 1/2 Throttle Why?

sirsycott

Vagcom In OC = Me
Go get the HPA or GIAC flash for dsg it'll smooth it out for you maybe

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Bueller..Bueller? Anything from Revo? I've talked to both guys at Revo and they said they are working on something, but haven't heard from them in weeks. A guy on vortex said he had revo and switched to apr and the rough shifts went away. I really love driving a car that jerks when it shifts at half throttle. Has anyone gotten this resolved from Revo? I feel like I was sold something and now i'm stuck with it, and it doesn't perform the way they said it would on their website. :thumbs down:

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Seriously if this is a Software issue WHICH I AM STARTING TO THINK IT IS, because I just had my throttle body replaced and what not my DSG service was done and when I was flashed back to stock VW for their software updates my GTI shifted so nicely! But once in awhile I am still getting these shitty hard shifts that I feel like I am about to drop my tranny!!

REVO NEEDS TO WAKE UP and take this shit seriously!! I am really contemplating going and get reflashed with APR or GIAC something different!!

REVO REVO!!!

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
giac has not addressed the issue through the ecu reflash. they have come out with the dsg specific software, which is seperate, and comes at a price.. reviews seem pretty good on the dsg software, but it takes a few days for the software to learn the shift points.... APR has addressed the issue and has specific software for the dsg gti's. they are the only one that has done so...on vortex, there is a post of someone who switched from revo to apr and the problem went away

Daishi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GLI Manual
just make the switch :\ what are you waiting for lol.

siggydawg

Passed Driver's Ed
as someone who doesnt own a chip yet, this is so surprising that things have not been done by REVO. without a resolution or even a return policy they must be losing a bunch of potential business by this going unresolved. i know if i had the funds right now REVO would be crossed off my list in fear of being left in the dark down the road. it is almost understandable if they can not resolve the issues of working with the DSG, but their is no reason they can not offer a 30 day refund or something along those lines. that leads me to believe they dont believe in their own product and either knew of issues when releasing or knew they would not be willing to work towards a resolution if issues arose with the software.
If all that has been stated in this thread is true, then i say huge thumbs down to REVO on the R&D, customer service, and warranty/refund and they would be crazy to think they'd get my money without taking care of these issues first.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
yeah where is George and Chris from REVO??? no response to all these claims? I mean seriously if it was just a MECHATRONICS UNIT then wouldn't cars that were flashed with APR still be exeperiencing the same issues that we REVO owners DO????

please CHIME in REVO REPS!!

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
I still don't understand how ecu software that doesn't control the dsg can cause problems. Has anyone figured out what APR does different to avoid this?

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
I still don't understand how ecu software that doesn't control the dsg can cause problems. Has anyone figured out what APR does different to avoid this?

I think this is what the issue us: the software controls the amount of power= Boost, timing and fuel to the car and for some reason with REVO there is just TOO much power b/w shifts and so the DSG is having hard time handling all that power and instead of transferring the powers b/w the gears it slams it into the next gear. Because at HIGH RPMS or in S mode the hard shifts aren't as pronounced.

I could be totally wrong and sound like a moron, but I am not claiming to be an expert on this at all, this is just what my experience with REVO and my understanding of the mechatronics unit of the DSG. The DSG is programmed to only handle so much power (stock power) and without modifying the TUNE (understanding how the ECU interacts with the Mechatronics unit) to accomodate the DSG the two are OUT OF SYNC.

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
Seriously if this is a Software issue WHICH I AM STARTING TO THINK IT IS, because I just had my throttle body replaced and what not my DSG service was done and when I was flashed back to stock VW for their software updates my GTI shifted so nicely! But once in awhile I am still getting these shitty hard shifts that I feel like I am about to drop my tranny!!

REVO NEEDS TO WAKE UP and take this shit seriously!! I am really contemplating going and get reflashed with APR or GIAC something different!!

REVO REVO!!!

revo is working on a solution right now as we speak. They are releasing tcm (tcu) software sooner or later, basically what GIAC already released. not overpriced bullshit like HPA.

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
I think this is what the issue us: the software controls the amount of power= Boost, timing and fuel to the car and for some reason with REVO there is just TOO much power b/w shifts and so the DSG is having hard time handling all that power and instead of transferring the powers b/w the gears it slams it into the next gear. Because at HIGH RPMS or in S mode the hard shifts aren't as pronounced.

I could be totally wrong and sound like a moron, but I am not claiming to be an expert on this at all, this is just what my experience with REVO and my understanding of the mechatronics unit of the DSG. The DSG is programmed to only handle so much power (stock power) and without modifying the TUNE (understanding how the ECU interacts with the Mechatronics unit) to accomodate the DSG the two are OUT OF SYNC.
you are wrong it has nothing to do with the ECU software other than the ECU software makes the car have more boost/etc so the stock DSG software doesn't match up with it. now companies like GIAC and soon revo have software that tunes the DSG's computer called the TCM or TCU.