GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise Pipe Delete/Plug Mod DIY

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I would love to get a hold of one of these plugs, hopefully this raven guy comes back lol.

nukta90

Ready to race!
bump for another week without my money or plug...

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Have you guys filed a PayPal dispute yet? Paypal almost always sides 60/40 with the buyer of anything unless you guys sent it as 'gift'.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Have you guys filed a PayPal dispute yet? Paypal almost always sides 60/40 with the buyer of anything unless you guys sent it as 'gift'.

I believe they both said the seller requested the money be sent as a gift, so they are basically screwed.

I had a slim amount of hope he'd come through and make things right, and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But after many years on various car forums, my BS detector is finely honed. I've heard the "broken nose, in the hospital, I've moved, I don't have internet access" (seriously, WHO doesn't have access or know someone who does, even if it's on a phone?)...something clearly happened, he seemed to have a good thing going, but I wouldn't spend .40 with the guy now, let alone $40.

Now I'm glad I wasn't able to get ahold of him, but feel sorry for those who've paid and won't get anything.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
someone else need to start making a plug..
or im gona go down the home depot and thro it in there using a widgey gun and make that shoit stay in there!!
--------
x2
raven: im disappointed...!

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
I never thought to look at that...sucks, sorry you got caught up in it.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I believe they both said the seller requested the money be sent as a gift, so they are basically screwed.

I had a slim amount of hope he'd come through and make things right, and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But after many years on various car forums, my BS detector is finely honed. I've heard the "broken nose, in the hospital, I've moved, I don't have internet access" (seriously, WHO doesn't have access or know someone who does, even if it's on a phone?)...something clearly happened, he seemed to have a good thing going, but I wouldn't spend .40 with the guy now, let alone $40.

Now I'm glad I wasn't able to get ahold of him, but feel sorry for those who've paid and won't get anything.

Yeah, if it was sent as a gift then I don't know of many cases where a buyer has ever gotten that money back...sending as a gift is always risky even though I've done it myself several times and not got burned. Just wanted to make sure everyone had tried every possible option to recoup their money.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Yeah, if it was sent as a gift then I don't know of many cases where a buyer has ever gotten that money back...sending as a gift is always risky even though I've done it myself several times and not got burned. Just wanted to make sure everyone had tried every possible option to recoup their money.

Yep, me too, but I always either knew the seller from being local, or I have thrown in a few bucks extra to cover fees, and protect myself.

I'd be very curious if Raven always asked for the money to be sent as a gift, or if that was something that changed recently.

adamgti

Trust me, I'm an engineer
Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4 dr
I got this from him a long time ago and he asked for it as a gift then. Pretty surprised to see him doing this, seemed like a good dude, maybe there's an explanation

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
i got one from another guy on here and I will take it off and run by a few machine shops over the next couple weeks to see what the cost to produce it is and if its reasonable i might start selling them.

I am a little aprehensive about that and I would feel much better about if Raven just came back or if I could reach him and get written approval to reproduce them.

I will keep all informed.

nukta90

Ready to race!
He doesnt have a patent or anything on them..He's been absent for a while.

Id say go for it. Let me know what the shops say. If you can produce a good quality and at a reasonable price, Im sure people will buy.