GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

psilos

Crazy Overclocker
Car(s)
GOLF MKV GT
Can i ask a stupid question?

Sorry for my english but i am from greece...

I saw some set of rims on 18" x8.0 and they have offset 35. They are staggered. Can i put them with 225/40-18 tires? Will it rub a lot?

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
Can i ask a stupid question?

Sorry for my english but i am from greece...

I saw some set of rims on 18" x8.0 and they have offset 35. They are staggered. Can i put them with 225/40-18 tires? Will it rub a lot?

i have 18x8+35, but is not staggered, with that tire size. i'm lowered to about a 1-finger gap all around and it rubs a bit on bad dips/bumps. i've taken out the front fender liner screws and the tabs are tucked in.

psilos

Crazy Overclocker
Car(s)
GOLF MKV GT
:( i am usually have 2 people also with me inside....

So there isn't a good offset for me the +35...I will need +40 or 45...

benno

AU section: 1 man band
Hi guys,
I want to run 235/40/18 tyres on a set of Zolders - 51mm offset.

I think stock is 225.

Any comments? Is handling likely to suffer from running a slightly wider tyre than is usually recommended?

I think the 235's are said to need an 8" rim and the Zolders are 7.5".

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
Mainline you would be tucked by 4.35mm in the front and poking by 5.35mm in the rear.

lostgt

Hi, does anyone know if the following specs are ok for MKV Golf GT Sport (assuming 5 adults)

Stock Height
Tire 235/45/17
Rims 17x8 offset 41"

TIA!

humanomaly

(aka "The Anti-Crust")
anybody who flames a newbie or a valid question is very insecure. These forums can be very helpful to finding people who have had similar situations you may be encountering. Let's keep everything positive, and if you wanna throw out a little flame, so be it, but be polite, and not "master of the VW universe" about it.

anonymity

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at some snow wheels/tires:

• Mille Miglia Spider 16" , 5x112 bolt pattern , 205/55/16

Will these be okay? I plan on going full height on coils. Will center bore be a problem?

Thanks!

FelipeGTI

tiguan sport 18*7 et 43 with dunlop sp 9000 225 40/18

How they look? i just got them on vw dealer "NEW YORK" made in Germany, rare ones.
225 /40 18 with 18*7 will be a problem?

Tpass

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 BMP 6M GTI
et 43, you might get some rubbing on your fender screw but at your ride height not much ....looking good :thumbsup:

MBH

American Nightmare
Car(s)
03 Cobra &10 CC
Anybody know if the table posted in the original post would apply to the CC? I "know" (read on the internet) that the MKV suspension bits like coilovers will work on my car, but I'm not sure if the fenders or the relative space in the wheel wells have changed at all.

Thanks in advance!