GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R Anti Roll Kit inst

mikenbn

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

Just got back from a fun packed afternoon - I'm an expert on suspension and sway-bars after today - learned so much watching them install mine... and the end result is pure excitement... handling is at another level. Body roll is practically non existent.

The car rides better than stock on a number 2 setting yet sits 30mm lower at the rear and 45mm at the front with 35series rubber.

Even on the bumpiest of roads it holds its composure giving you better control.

I haven't pushed it to the limit since I have new tyres on but there's no understeer thus far - even at sharp 90 degree turns in second , no evidence of body roll. Just loads and loads of grip ......... Absolutely love it !!!!

I'll now shut-up and let you enjoy the pics whilst I go for a quick blast to the shops :D

Stock Car Pics

Bilstein PSS10 Height and Damper adjustable

H&R Anti Roll Kit

Rear Damper adjustment 1 to 10 settings can be adjusted on the car. 1 being soft and 10 track use.

Front Damper Adjustment - once again can be adjusted on the car a wheel at a time with full lock

The top sway is front stock 2mm smaller in diametre and hollow compared to the Solid H&R sawy bar

Standard S3 Brakes

Standard Front and Rear suspension set-up

H&R Sway installed on standard hole as it would be too stiff on the second for road use

Installation and comparison of Bilsteins to stock setup note Height is only set at half way - another 30mm is possible if you didn't live in Sydney

19" B7 RS4 Reps with Conti CS3

Front Damper adjustment on car

Rear Damper Adjustment on car

Lastly 4 wheel alignment

Finished Product

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
oh FARRRRRK that looks sweet!!! :eek: :eyebulge: :drool:
and as if the S3 didnt go well enough with out all those upgrades.
congrats on the very very sweet ride... and if i saw you i would have to kill you! :bow:

mikenbn

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks

Thanks Fellows - appreciate it, its been a crazy long day but worth it...
Believe it or not the stock S3 has its limits on bumpy roads tendency to under steer when pushed - now it just begs for corners - amazing and Highly recommend this set-up... I'll be doing some occasional track work so is perfect compromise for daily / track ......

The PSS10 in the pics will fit the GTi V, A3T and R32 V and will set you back around $3300 + inst + align and the H&R anti roll around a $1000 ... Oh and the wheels will also fit as they are same offset …..

My standard S3 wheels with Conti CS2 are for sale if any ones keen… $2200

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Jezuz I think I just made a mess in my pants, I honestly didn't know that the S3 was available in a 3 door.

Unbelievable your car is soo nice, being modest if I had the money and the car was available in Canada that is exactly what I would have. Cheers Mate.

Seriously that car is just perfection 100% right colour perfect wheels ride height is just spot on.

............ Marry ME!!!!!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
OMFG that is sex on wheels material there :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

any engine mods ???:biggrin:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Fantastic effort... always love to see someone who's prepared to go the whole hog for an awesome setup.

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
That looks fantastic. I'd love to see some interior shots if you have the time.

Cheer

Donald32

Backseat Driver
Wonder why Audi didn't go with the piano ebony black in the b-pillar covers, would have suited the finish perfectly. Awesome looking vehicle Mike, congratulations! :thumbsup: