GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 08 Rabbit 2-door MT, 120k, UG, 1-Owner, SoCal; GTI/Jetta Front End Swap!

Sold

Located in Fullerton, CA

Background:
I recently had knee surgery and am sad to say that a manual transmission is difficult for me to use now. I'm considering selling my 08 Rabbit to buy my brother's Mk6 GTI (with DSG, to ease the stress on my bad knee).

I bought this 08 Rabbit brand new in April of 2008 and it has been the best car I've ever owned. Just last year, I invested good money in the suspension upgrades listed below. I had EMD Auto in Anaheim replace all worn components and upgraded the shocks and springs, as I had planned on keeping this car for another 80k+ miles. Then I broke my leg and my brother is offering me his Mk6 GTI for a great deal. I'd like to make the jump into his Mk6 if I can find a good home for my Rabbit.

Cosmetic mods:
GTI front bumper (original Rabbit bumper & grills included)
Jetta grills (painted center shield black)
GTI side skirts
17" OEM Passat Monte Carlo wheels, powder coated gloss black
Tinted windows, 15% rear, 35% front

Performance mods (done in 2018):
Bilstein shocks
Eibach Sportline springs

Since I'm the original owner, I have all maintenance records for the car. I have performed the recommended service per the manual every 10k miles (first 2 service intervals were at 5k). AC blows strong, no oil leaks (replaced vacuum pump & replaced seals & gaskets last year), engine runs strong, and the clutch is extremely smooth (never raced, auto-crossed, or abused).

There are some rock chips on the front bumper from freeway driving, and the roof has some dents and dings from a run-in with a really low garage entrance with my beach cruiser on top. The bike rack took the worst of the damage, but there are some minor dents and scratches. For a 10 year-old car, I didn't feel it was worth the trouble to repair/repaint. The headliner is sagging a bit, but I'm planning on fixing that before selling.

This is a great car if you want the looks and handling of the GTI, but want something a little more reliable for daily driving duty. This 2.5 liter engine has been 100% reliable for me over the last 10+ years, and made my highway commutes comfortable while still being fun on windy roads.

Asking price:
$SOLD
OBO

Call or text Drew:
714 - two eight seven - 9691

I'll update with some interior photos as soon as the rain stops. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: