GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel cuts/misfire

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
My cars been having fuel cut issues on cold starts since it went to dealer for body work.

When you start it, it will idle low till you give it gas then rev hang and return to normal. Idles fine. When you apply a load, such as going in reverse itll stall. Go down the road and it breaks up. Once you get above 40mph and come back down it goes away... maybe because the car has warmed up? Never had this problem before however so I dont understand whats going on.

Installed a new stock loew pressure fuel pump and low pressure fuel pump controller. Normally I run a dw65 fuel pump in my other pump. Same problem so i drove it home and put my other pump back in. Drove it around under various loads and wide throttle (which it hardly ever sees because #bigturbo)

Only codes are random multiple misfires which i cleared and it didnt come back. Also had ecm power relay code and fan code but probably from when i had the fan out with the key on.

Im thinking maybe the throttle body so perhaps Ill order a Grams Throttle body and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
No carbon because I just had the head off 2000 miles ago and cleaned it.

Not plugs because i tried that first. I had 8s in and switched down to 7s.

Not coils because they are brand new oem with like 500 miles

Injectors, prv, lpfp hpfp all have less than 2000 miles.

The problem goes away after getting it over city speeds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk