GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Rear Strut Bar/Brace?

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
ABD on the tex makes one I think? But it's for the GTI and I don't know if it will bolt up to the Jetta. The Jetta most likely does not need any more reinforcement there.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion

I'm using the eurosport in the rear & a weichers in the front. Both don't do diddly except look cool imo. Some other brands to consider are neuspeed, abd, hpa, raceland, tomas.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
I have the rear stern subframe brace. That IMO is worth it. Do I feel a performance difference on the track? No. However I don't get anywhere near as much subframe twisting as I used to get due to the BSH bar being so stiff. It actually makes the subframe the weak point. The lack of creaking, therefore showing the subframe isnt twisting as much, means the frame is stiffer now with the brace. And a stiffer chassis is never a bad thing.

CW.GTI

Banned
Car(s)
VW
As said above, it's made to stiffen up your chassis. BlueAHR32, I'm surprised you didn't feel any difference, especially after a track day.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Im planning on making something similar to the stern style brace, but a little better, and out of billet for weight reduction. I wouldnt trust aluminum, but solid billet aluminum will be nice and rigid.:thumbsup:

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
As said above, it's made to stiffen up your chassis. BlueAHR32, I'm surprised you didn't feel any difference, especially after a track day.

If I had done put it on before an autocross I might have been able to gauge the performance gain a little better. However I put it on before my first track day so I had nothing to really compare it too considering track and autocross are completly different. IMO doing a small subframe brace wont make a huge difference, not enough to feel. That would come down to something as extreme as a cage. Then again others have said they felt a huge difference from a simple subframe brace so maybe its just me :biggrin:

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I'm using the eurosport in the rear & a weichers in the front. Both don't do diddly except look cool imo. Some other brands to consider are neuspeed, abd, hpa, raceland, tomas.

Say Bull,
How is this bar installed? I visited the EuroSport website, saw the product, but no installation instructions.
Is drilling of the frame required? Cutting of the interior trim?
Thanks!

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Theres a few of them out there, they dont do a whole lot (if anything).

shows how much u know by that stupid ignorant comment.

they actually do a whole lot if set up properly..

it serves to stiffen your car's rigidity, reduces body flex, helps by controlling body roll and significantly improves handling on the track.

my advice to you buddy is if u know jack just dont say anything