GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old 02-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Drives: 2008 Gti Mk5, 2000 BMW 328ci
Fuel issue or Ecu?

Iíve been trying to fix my car that I bought recently. At first I thought it was a turbo issue or something related to that because Iím not getting any boost, but I read the codes last night. I believe the code was 00135 fuel rail/ pressure, and it had couple misfires aswell which could be from antilag too but Iím not sure. When I try to turn the car on it pings for a good 5 seconds. So when I turn it on it idles really rough almost as If itís going to stall out. Then after it warms up the rough idle goes away. When I drive the car it wonít go over 4,500 rpm and thereís no boost whatsoever. as it climbs the rpms it goes slower and it feels like something is holding it back. Could it be the injectors or something relating to the fuel system? Or the Ecu could be given the wrong fuel readings. It was tuned before because it has antilag, but I donít know by who. I donít even know how much boost it used to make. Please let me know what you guys think.
Bosnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
golfballer78
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 08'.:R32
Ecu is pulling timing and cutting boost for safety it sounds like. Likely there is stuff documented if you run a search with brief descriptions of issue. High pressure pump could be an issue, but prob wanna test a few things related to fueling to be sure.
golfballer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
GTI's
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2008 GTI Z4Z4 P03 PIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian View Post
Iíve been trying to fix my car that I bought recently. At first I thought it was a turbo issue or something related to that because Iím not getting any boost, but I read the codes last night. I believe the code was 00135 fuel rail/ pressure, and it had couple misfires aswell which could be from antilag too but Iím not sure. When I try to turn the car on it pings for a good 5 seconds. So when I turn it on it idles really rough almost as If itís going to stall out. Then after it warms up the rough idle goes away. When I drive the car it wonít go over 4,500 rpm and thereís no boost whatsoever. as it climbs the rpms it goes slower and it feels like something is holding it back. Could it be the injectors or something relating to the fuel system? Or the Ecu could be given the wrong fuel readings. It was tuned before because it has antilag, but I donít know by who. I donít even know how much boost it used to make. Please let me know what you guys think.

FSI or TSI??

The code you got is 000185 or P0087

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...1/P0087/000135

Since You just got this car have you checked the HPFP cam follower??
GTI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI's View Post
FSI or TSI??

The code you got is 000185 or P0087

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...1/P0087/000135

Since You just got this car have you checked the HPFP cam follower??

Itís a Fsi. I changed the HPFP and the cam Follower as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballer78 View Post
Ecu is pulling timing and cutting boost for safety it sounds like. Likely there is stuff documented if you run a search with brief descriptions of issue. High pressure pump could be an issue, but prob wanna test a few things related to fueling to be sure.

Yeah I plan on checking the lines and and LPFP as well as some other stuff. Already replaced the HPFP and the cam follower. Ive heard someone say the cam follower is timed lol is that true?? Iíve seen people with similar problems but nobody posts solutions just guesses which is to be expected of course.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
golfballer78
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 08'.:R32
Quote:
Yeah I plan on checking the lines and and LPFP as well as some other stuff. Already replaced the HPFP and the cam follower. Ive heard someone say the cam follower is timed lol is that true?? Iíve seen people with similar problems but nobody posts solutions just guesses which is to be expected of course.

Maybe also consider it might be a ďshit tuneĒ causing problems. Of course guys like to say ďno itís notĒ after wasting 600bucks. But ecu failings are a thing, even stock. But sketchy tunes are suspect. I always go with maps that have great rep. But test some fuel stuff too, see if an injector is stuck open or something.
golfballer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
GTI's
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Itís a Fsi. I changed the HPFP and the cam Follower as well

Clear the Dtc if you have not done so already and see if car improves or what comes back. Also log your fuel pressures and post results.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #8
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Quote:
Clear the Dtc if you have not done so already and see if car improves or what comes back. Also log your fuel pressures and post results.

I cleared the DTC and it was the same problems nothing changed. I will log the readings and let you know what I come up with

Old 02-17-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
Bosnian
Ready to race!

So hereís an update:

I replaced the intake/ throttle body completely. Turned it on and same shit. It was very disappointing, but I guess all the work so far has led me to believe that itís the Ecu. Literally replaced everything that could be replaced haha. So my next question is: To fix the Ecu will I have to flash it back to stock and then do a tune on it or can I just go to a tuner and have them rewrite it. The car is driveable but like I said it canít go over 4.5k rpm and has no power. It doesnít stall or anything. I was thinking of doing Apr stage 2. We have a local dealer so thatís the best option atm.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #10
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Forgot to mention that the injectors were replaced aswell

Old 02-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
GTI's
FIA GT Champion

Did you break out the scan tool and run basic setting after the manifold and TB install?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #12
Bosnian
Ready to race!

No I havenít but I will do this and let you know what I find

Old 02-27-2019, 12:12 AM   #13
Bosnian
Ready to race!

Quote:
Did you break out the scan tool and run basic setting after the manifold and TB install?

Here are the codes, ignore the the mad and the map I unplugged those thatís why they came on, I plugged them back in of course but the codes popped anyways. My main concern is the 2 P0087 002 and 008. I should mention when I replaced the fuel pump it was not a new one. It was used one one of my friends gave me and he told me it was working fine. Could it really just be the pump? Could a pressure tester prove if itís operational. I mean it could be the sensor aswell. Just need some advice guys, thank you.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #14
Bosnian
Ready to race!

I fixed it, it was the high pressure fuel pump that did it. I mean I did replace injectors and a bunch of other things, but I donít know if they were faulty too. I replaced the pump with a used one first and it ended up being bad too. Thatís just my luck. How do I go from a bad pump to another bad pump. Third pump is the charm I guess.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
Packmen

Drives: 2010 vw gti
Swap my engine

Hello guys need your help ! My engine when down, I bought I use one at the junk yard ! I change it , but know the car donít want to start! So now Iím stock cuz donít know wat to do ! Is look like electric problem! Now my question is I have to do something else after I swap the ingine.
Packmen is offline   Reply With Quote