GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > DIY + Maintenance + Tips/Tricks

Old 06-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #419
Kpe53
Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts

Drives: Stockish
Exclamation Help????

I recently did I brake job on my 07 gti and after doing everything I knew to do properly I still donít have any pressure in my brake pedal until it almost gets to the floor. Iíve went around and tried to find out what happened to cause this and every video Iíve seen no one replaces the brake fluid like I did (which I thought you always supposed to do.) so I need help to fix this this. Iím what you call a novice when it comes to cars and this is my first project/daily car, so Iím trying to learn and grow from this. Any help would be awesome cause I donít feel comfortable enough to drive the car the way it is now and being in a pretty busy city means being able to stop when I need to is a most.
Kpe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #420
wronghand
Autocross Champion

Drives: MKV GTI, M Roadster
please describe how did you change the fluid, sounds like you got air in the lines
wronghand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #421
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic

Drives: 2008 UG EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpe53 View Post
I recently did I brake job on my 07 gti and after doing everything I knew to do properly I still donít have any pressure in my brake pedal until it almost gets to the floor. Iíve went around and tried to find out what happened to cause this and every video Iíve seen no one replaces the brake fluid like I did (which I thought you always supposed to do.) so I need help to fix this this. Iím what you call a novice when it comes to cars and this is my first project/daily car, so Iím trying to learn and grow from this. Any help would be awesome cause I donít feel comfortable enough to drive the car the way it is now and being in a pretty busy city means being able to stop when I need to is a most.
Did you bleed the lines? Sounds like you have not done that yet. Need to bleed air out of lines. Look up the many youtube vids on bleeding brakes on VW MKV