GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc. > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Drives: Front Rear Sport
College Football Discussion Thread

I'm SUPER happy to see my boys start the season right and beat Uconn, and whole eff Denard... almost 400 yards all by himself!

How bout Jacksonville State beating Ol Miss in doubble OT, CRAZY!
Attached Images

BlaineWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
svt_pony
Go Buckeyes

Drives: 2003 Ford Escape
This is my favorite time of year.

Oh, and just for you. 2494. (Two thousand, four hundred and ninty-four)

I sure hope ol' shoelace makes it to the end of the season healthy.

The Buckeyes are ready to get their hands on him.

Nebraska is looking like a much better addition than I thought a few months ago. Should make next year a little more interesting. I don't think the whole NCAA re-alignment is done yet either.

Go Buckeyes!
svt_pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
patrick_irwin
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 67 slammed beetle
I've been happy with Bama and Okla Uni. They have both played extremely well like always. I just cant wait to see what else is in store for the season
patrick_irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Amped96
Autocross Champion

Drives: 08 GTI
My team (Memphis) is largely irrelevant in football, but we went to the first home game last Saturday and they pulled off the win, to move to 1-2, hah. It was a good time with friends though.

I'm looking forward to 'Bama vs. Arkansas this weekend. I'm not sure that the Hogs have a chance, but I'll be cheering for them to knock off 'bama.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

He looks pretty good making the pose...

Old 09-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
svt_pony
Go Buckeyes

˙sʞɔns uɐƃıɥɔıɯ
Old 09-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

They are not National Title contenders, but I really think they can win 8-9 games this year.

Their D is really REALLY bad, so they will have to outscore everyone... which has worked so far, but won't carry you to a championship.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
svt_pony
Go Buckeyes

D.R. looked pretty good this weekend. I'd put him 2 on my heisman list if I had a vote. I'd put Oregon RB James 1 at this point. Once D.R. plays a few more challenging conference games, that will make or break his heisman campaign.

However, the "Defense" needs some serious help. They won't be able to let Sparty's, or Wisconsin's offense go wild like the Hoosiers and expect to win in the final drive.

I still hope D.R. stays healthy for the season. I'm not sure he will be able to take a season's worth of hits and still be ready to go.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_pony View Post
D.R. looked pretty good this weekend. I'd put him 2 on my heisman list if I had a vote. I'd put Oregon RB James 1 at this point. Once D.R. plays a few more challenging conference games, that will make or break his heisman campaign.

However, the "Defense" needs some serious help. They won't be able to let Sparty's, or Wisconsin's offense go wild like the Hoosiers and expect to win in the final drive.

I still hope D.R. stays healthy for the season. I'm not sure he will be able to take a season's worth of hits and still be ready to go.
He needs RBs to step up and take some of the load off. Shaw was hurt last week which didn't help as he had established himself as the clear #1 HB.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
svt_pony
Go Buckeyes

2564, and counting.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
He15man
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2006 Tornado Red 2 dr GTI
My Gators weren't too good this year, hopefully Muschamp can bring the team back.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
SFIrishFool
Oval Newbie

Drives: 08' GTI
preseason polls are ridiculous but both SI and ESPN had Arizona State ranked in the low 20's.

Hasn't happened since 04', decent coach, some good recruits and even Brock Oswieler looks like a D-1 QB.

I like Steven Threet but I think his eligibility is up.

Not like the Pac-10 is a murderer's row of tough opponents but with a trip to Illinois next year, Sun Devils could place themselves in a good spot for a decent bowl game..
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
Monkeykungfu
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '08 MT BMP GTI
Bump this shit!

Geaux Tigers!!! Undefeated SEC Champs!!

Time to kick the living dog shit out of those bama gumps now!
Monkeykungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

I'd love it if we could get more MKVers in here to talk football!!!

Who do you guys think should win the Heisman and how do you feel about the REMATCH!!!!?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
PCDT99
Banned

Drives: 2006 BMP GTI
Sounds like RG3 will be a big favorite... Luck has been tossed to the back. I think its funny how they vote and have a winner before all the bowl games.

About the rematch, i dono how i feel about it. I mean they have already played each other.. There are other 1 loss teams out there that i think should get a chance at Bama. OK State might be a good match up, i know they lost to ISU but lets be honest. That was a total Utah Alabama game... Wouldnt happen again if they lined up against each other.

Whats everyones take on the Rose bowl this year? Oregon, Wisconsin should be a pretty good game.
PCDT99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #16
projekt.kieru
Inspired.

Drives: Efficiently
Utes suck.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
Monkeykungfu
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
I'd love it if we could get more MKVers in here to talk football!!!

Who do you guys think should win the Heisman and how do you feel about the REMATCH!!!!?
I suppose I'm a little biased regarding the Heisman winner.... of course it should be Tyrann Mathieu!!

Even though he's a fake weed smoking dummy (should be smoking the real if he's going to get busted anyway ). He's made some insane plays this season. He's got he reputation of being The Honey Badger for a reason. He doesn't just tackle, he trys to rip the ball out every time he gets near it & is successful a good bit of the time. Plus, he's been an animal since they've put him on punt returns. I'd say it's gotta be out of him or Trent Richardson. Richardson's like a tank that just keeps moving. He's the main reason I don't want to see LSU play bama again.

I'm not too happy they put bama in the NC. They had their chance & we beat them already. It's going to be great if we beat them again, then they shut the fuck up forever about who's better. However, if we lose, they'll claim to be the champions even though we'll be 13-1 in the season while they'll be 12-1. If they "broke" the rules by putting two SEC teams in the NC, I think they should go a step further & have a tie breaker game if bama wins on the 9th. I think they should have given the NC game to OK State, give them a chance.

I hope we kick the living dog shit out of them though & get 3 TDs over them!!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
projekt.kieru
Inspired.

Drives: Efficiently
^
ESPN was talking about that yesterday lol.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #19
Monkeykungfu
Formula 5000 Driver

Predictions on the LSU/BAMA game?

LSU - 16

BAMA - 8
Old 12-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

You're an IDIOT if you think RG3 did not deserve the Heisman!

He took a program that has been completely irrelevant ever period and won, they should have gotten a BCS game this year.

Without him Baylor wins 3 or 4 games this year, how do you think LSU would fair without Mathieu? Oh yeah, they'd be fine.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #21
BlaineWasHere
I brake for apexes!

Also Bama wins the rematch. I think Saben would go hang himself if he lost to Les twice in one season.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
Monkeykungfu
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
You're an IDIOT if you think RG3 did not deserve the Heisman!

He took a program that has been completely irrelevant ever period and won, they should have gotten a BCS game this year.

Without him Baylor wins 3 or 4 games this year, how do you think LSU would fair without Mathieu? Oh yeah, they'd be fine.
I never said RG3 doesn't deserve a Heisman, he's one hell of a QB. No need to be throwing around the word IDIOT. He is great at what he does, and you're right, Baylor wouldn't have been shit without him. The two main things RG3 could do well is run fast & throw the ball right where he wants in the heat of battle. What he did is exactly what everyone expects out of a good QB & he did it really well.

Matheiu went up & beyond the call of duty in the positions that he played. He took his position(s) & turned them into something amazing. He was the initial game changer in the Arkansas game & the Georgia SEC championship games. We were hurting in both games until he turned them around with some huge plays that really got the momentum going for LSU. He was the deal sealer on many other games as well. He's literally an animal for his size (5'-9', 175 lbs).

Don't take my word for it though, his plays speak for themselves:

Quote:
put down the kool aid. also, if you get suspended in the year, you shouldnt even be considered.
I've seen all of LSU's games this season, I know what TM has done, so layoff with the kool aid shit, I have a well informed opinion. RG3's got a much bigger pitcher of kool-air people are drinking from honestly, he won didn't he? Can't really argue with the suspension thing, that was stupid on TMs part, that very well could have cost him the Heisman.

Quote:
I think Saben would go hang himself if he lost to Les twice in one season.
God!! That would be the best evar!! We win the NC & then they find Saban strung up in a closet with his eyes popped out of his head!!!! Thanks for that wet dream Blaine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree_hugger View Post
i dont care who wins that shit. i wont be watching it. fuck the bcs and espn for having no gag reflex for the SEC
Trust me, I thought we should be playing OK state on the 9th. I think espn has no gag reflex for Bama, LSU has the right to be there. :-/ Bama had their chance & we already beat them. Like Vin Diesel said, I don't care if it's by an inch or a mile....

Last edited by Monkeykungfu; 12-18-2011 at 02:21 PM.