GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc. > The Sports Lounge
Eurotek Tuning

Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #45
my07blkgti
I'll do it!!

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI - 6MT
Send a message via AIM to my07blkgti
Amare signed...cant wait to see who's next to sign!!
my07blkgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #46
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2006 BMP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk180 View Post
I disagree. Like I was saying, you can't look at the numbers stats to see what Varajao does on the court. I'm convinced you're not really aware of it, or you just don't get to catch enough of the Cavs. He wouldn't have been in the talks of many for 6th player of the year if he didn't contribute in a major way. Obvisouly it's not in the points area. So he must be a major contributor in other ways right? Although I'll take his almost 8 rebound avg coming off the bench every game of the week. He sparks the whole team when he comes onto the court and lifts everyone's game around him.

Meh...it's safe to say we don't see him eye to eye. That's cool. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. Now, you're right in that there are other players we're paying that aren't worth it and we definitely need to do a little "cleaning up" of the roster. I just don't think he's one of them.
I think hes a great role player, but not 9.5 million great. But yes let us leave this at that.

As for the knicks being a playoff team, I don't see that coming, not next year at least, and not until they get a bench, and some other decent players. One player cannot do enough, look at cleveland the past seven years, and that is with the guy who is one of the best all around players to ever suit up.
ARES MKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #47
Tempted2Speed
is cooler than you

Drives: 2008 BMP 4 Door FSI
Amare is a cry baby, haha I remember how he said Odom had a lucky first game in the series with Lakers and the Suns

Well he all know what happen to his team after that lucky game

What a douche canoe
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #48
kirk180
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '08 GTI & '08 3.2 A3 Sline
Yet more evidence that Lebron isn't going to pair up with anyone that doesn't come to Clevo: Toronto recently said they wouldn't do a sign and trade for Bosh. Now per "Around the Horn" on ESPN, the Raptors just contacted Cleveland today willing to work a sign and trade for Bosh to come to Cleveland. Bosh doesn't really want Cleveland...but he wants Lebron as a teammate. Unfortunately he's not going to get his fantasy of Lebron with palm trees. So if he wants Lebron (and some rings)...he's going to have to do it "in Cleveland".

So again as a Clevelander...I can all but guarantee Lebron's staying and playing everyone else. (In my bias opinion of course)

I don't think Bosh could say "no" even if he wanted to. Could he? Could Bosh really turn down the increased money from a sign and trade, coming to play with Lebron, all because he doesn't want Cleveland? Thoughts? Seems like a no brainer to me.
kirk180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #49
Si Killer
RIP BOVICE

Drives: CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to Si Killer
just broke an hour ago

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...osh_to_miami/#

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Holy shit dude, I haven't seen you around in forever
i know dude, how've you been?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #50
Tempted2Speed
is cooler than you

Drives: 2008 BMP 4 Door FSI
OOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #51
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

ESPN has nothing about this Sign and trade deal to Miami.... If its true, then Lebron needs to get the hell out of dodge.

Also did you notice in the sign and trade with cleveland who they might send up there... Delonte West... OOh I wonder why, couldn't be because he fucked Brons mom and now Lebron wants to kill him, and cost the cavs a chance at a title this year could it??
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #52
kirk180
Formula 2 Driver

Yeah...ESPN still hasn't posted anything about Bosh in Miami. Their headlines are still about Bosh coming to Cleveland. We'll see though. Wouldn't be the first time they were a little behind to the punch.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #53
09vdubgti
Banned

Drives: United Grey Gti 5dr
LEBRON JAMES IS GOING TO THE NETS OMGGG, HES GOING TO THE NETS OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #54
kirk180
Formula 2 Driver

^^^lol...nice one.

Lebron's going to have his own show on ESPN thursday in which he will reveal where he's going. I bet the ratings are going to be bigger than that of the finals. If Lebron's been trying to talk Bosh to coming to Cleveland for weeks, then that kind of says it all right? That says Lebron's staying in Cleveland.

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #55
09vdubgti
Banned

Drives: United Grey Gti 5dr
Quote:
^^^lol...nice one.
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #56
ARES MKV
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
^^^lol...nice one.

Lebron's going to have his own show on ESPN thursday in which he will reveal where he's going. I bet the ratings are going to be bigger than that of the finals. If Lebron's been trying to talk Bosh to coming to Cleveland for weeks, then that kind of says it all right? That says Lebron's staying in Cleveland.

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255
It's really unfortunate bosh hates cleveland that much. I really hope Lebron stays, that city needs a hero desperately.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #57
wolfpack_1.8T
Banned

Drives: POS
bosh and miami to miami. just check out ESPN, they will only have 50 mins of coverage every fucking hour on it. oh and lebron is just an attention whore. seriously, GTFO....he needs his own hour to tell america where he is going? the guy hasnt done shit and he is the anointed one? hate hate hate thats all im doing.
wolfpack_1.8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #58
kirk180
Formula 2 Driver

Oh boy. Woke up this morning to see that it's official....Bosh signed with Wade in Miami. Then again, that two man combo doesn't necessarily scream NBA Finals. I'm not even sure those two can get out of the Eastern Conference alone. They still need another player. I just hope it's not Lebron.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #59
wolfpack_1.8T
Banned

Quote:
Oh boy. Woke up this morning to see that it's official....Bosh signed with Wade in Miami. Then again, that two man combo doesn't necessarily scream NBA Finals. I'm not even sure those two can get out of the Eastern Conference alone. They still need another player. I just hope it's not Lebron.

yeah, lets hope. cause i will seriously never watch ESPN again. this is worse than tebow's nuts being swallowed every day.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #60
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

Drives: ficho
Bosh/Wade in Miami spells trouble for teams in Eastern Conference. ONE PROBLEM: there's only 4 guys on the team LOL they better start signing other free agents like matt barnes, tony allen, jj reddick, etc. etc.

I like that duo, they'll be fun to watch.. Bosh is my man!

As for LeBron, dude gets his own show, 1 hour on ESPN to hype up the media, get NBA the attention it wants over World Cup, wow.. Michael Jordan couldn't do what he's doing... AND HE"S STILL GOING TO END UP IN CLEVELAND lololol
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #61
kirk180
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish_GTI View Post
Bosh/Wade in Miami spells trouble for teams in Eastern Conference.
Yeah, it looks nice. But I don't see that as a guarnateed run to the finals. There's a couple teams in the East that can play them...and there's still trades to be made.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #62
b-rye
DuBBiN like McLovin

Drives: 09' GLI
this whole lebron things feels like were waiting to see if bret farve is coming back to play for "1" more year.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #63
Si Killer
RIP BOVICE

Drives: CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to Si Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_1.8T View Post
bosh and miami to miami. just check out ESPN, they will only have 50 mins of coverage every fucking hour on it. oh and lebron is just an attention whore. seriously, GTFO....he needs his own hour to tell america where he is going? the guy hasnt done shit and he is the anointed one? hate hate hate thats all im doing.
he's donating all the proceeds to a charity dude, i thought it was kinda cool

however it'd be fucking retarded if he put us through all of this just to wind up staying in cleveland (which is probably the worst move he could make)
Old 07-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #64
turboed
Low Blinker Fluid

Drives: MKV GTI
I don't see Miami being that much better they have had a player who plays very similar to Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal. Bosh has yet to play a full 82 games in his career and has played on an awful team and was the best player on said team so his stats were inflated. I think Miami overpaid for him, but nowhere near as much as Atlanta overpaid for Joe Johnson.

As far as LeBron and his presser, fuck him for doing it fuck ESPN for allowing it. Bron has officially crossed over into Favre territory as being a attention whore which is amusing seeing he has yet to win a ring.
turboed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #65
Squish_GTI
Ball till I fall

Drives: ficho
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboed View Post
I don't see Miami being that much better they have had a player who plays very similar to Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal. Bosh has yet to play a full 82 games in his career and has played on an awful team and was the best player on said team so his stats were inflated. I think Miami overpaid for him, but nowhere near as much as Atlanta overpaid for Joe Johnson.

As far as LeBron and his presser, fuck him for doing it fuck ESPN for allowing it. Bron has officially crossed over into Favre territory as being a attention whore which is amusing seeing he has yet to win a ring.
I agree with everything you said, except for the Bosh statement. J.O'Neal had one season where he played like Bosh in Indiana, but other than that he'll never be as good and never was as good as Bosh. I'm telling you, the combo of a slashing SG with a slashing PF, who are both quick for their positions, will be amazing to watch and other teams will pay the price. Injuries will happen, and both of them will go down, but that won't be important kuz they'll just rest for the playoffs.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #66
wolfpack_1.8T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Killer View Post
he's donating all the proceeds to a charity dude, i thought it was kinda cool

however it'd be fucking retarded if he put us through all of this just to wind up staying in cleveland (which is probably the worst move he could make)
oh no man, im happy its going to charity. i just think it is sad he is doing this. i mean come on? the lebron show now? he will stay and im just going to laugh.