GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old 05-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #45
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 06 CW GTI DSG/09 UG GTI DSG
Yeah I saw that, but that's a vta cc. I've got a recirculating, not 100% sure that makes a difference when routed that way. And I need to figure out if the fitting I found on IE's website is the right one for the conversion to -10an.

Also haven't seen anyone post pics of Eurocars HPFP stud conversion so here ya go!

Awesome little mod for peace of mind and for 10 min and $35 its totally worth it! I will say the stud behind the bleeder valve is a small pita to get the nut on and off of, even with the bleeder removed.
Das Gespenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #46
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Has nothing to do with the build, but found a nice spot for this little guy to add to me hood collage lol.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #47
Red5pade

Drives: Subaru
yeah, im not sure. i agree though on the studs. it took me forever. anyone using a tool to get the left and bottom nut off other than an open faced wrench?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #48
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Yep! Thin wall socket, 1/4" socket driver extension, and a ratchet. Worked great for me but still a small fight lol.

However I have this, and this is just the trunk tool kit lol.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #49
Red5pade

okay, im heading to ericaeyes house tomorrow after work to look at her gti. maybe ill swing by and buy something when we are done. what size is it? that will save me time. thanks man
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #50
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

10mm, make sure you only get 1/4" drive. Like I said, its still a fight and the driver/extension really helps! Just try and find the thinnest walled (SEMI DEEP) socket you can, tends to be the cheaper brands unless you own all snap on and Matco tools, then its like $300 for the set lol. Don't ask how I know lol.

I'm also very torn now. I spent some time polishing up the valve cover and don't know if I want to powder coat it white or not now. Opinions welcome!

Last edited by Das Gespenst; 05-07-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 AM   #51
Jet08
Oval Newbie

Drives: Jetta 2008 Wolf 2.0T
I like shinny vote 1 for shinny :)
Jet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #52
steveo17
Frankenbuilt

Drives: 2006 CW GTI F23T
Polished will look awesome but will be a lot of maintenance

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
steveo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #53
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

EJ valve cover hopefully going on this upcoming weekend. Need some input on the PCV routing. Can I just use my recirc catch can as a VTA by opening the drain valve and running a drain hose under the car? And run my hoses like in the picture posted previously (I think page 2)? Not sure of there is a check valve in the VTA cans.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #54
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

So to run the VC properly I do have to switch to a VTA cc so I'm having a local shop fab up a custom can for me. $80 all said and done, I will say the BPY PCV system baffles me and the shop I occasionally use for custom work lol. Its a little too JDM/ricey for my taste, but they had a point of my BSH cc being to small, especially when considering the F23T and increased blow by (see eurocars build thread). So new cc should be ready Thursday and VC going on this weekend. Snow W/M kit also ordered and communication is opened up with DM, they sound excited to see what we can do here. Annnnnd the SPM intercooler should be here this weekend or next, I hate waiting and this IC keeps getting pushed back, freaking killing me lol
Old 05-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #55
apollosfury
designeddwk

Drives: 2007 VW GTI
this is a fun build. nice work
Revo 3 K04, Air Lift w/V2, Eurojet TBE, S3 Injectors, Neuspeed Discharge Pipe, Unitronic DV Relocation, H&R RSB, EuroSport Strut Bar, Neuspeed P-flo, 42dd stealth catch can, BSH throttle body pipe, AWE DV, BFI stg 2 mounts, Spulen Dogbone, Garrett FMIC
my flickr
apollosfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #56
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

^^^ Thank you ^^^

Just wish it was moving along faster lol. Too many projects at once.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #57
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Small update!

Picked up the new catch can today, like I said before, its a little too JDM for my personal taste. But it will serve its purpose very well and the sight glass is a nice feature. I think they did a nice job overall.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #58
Jet08
Oval Newbie

Drives: Jetta 2008 Wolf 2.0T
Have you decided to leave the valve cover shinny? The new catch can is a step up from your gettho red one :)
Jet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #59
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

[Yes it will remain shiny lol. I just couldn't do it and know what it looked like under the paint. My buddy said my car is very industrial German with how it looks/sounds/etc, so I'm running with that theme lol.

Forgot my torx at work, grrrrrrr, so I test fit and mocked up placement and look with everything still in place. But just to give an idea.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #60
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Been crazy busy and haven't had any time to work on the GTI lately. But I finally got my fittings sorted out and put the valve cover and catch can on

Looks so pretty!

Now if only some more parts would come in, grrrrrr!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #61
Red5pade

im pretty jealous of that vc
Old 07-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #62
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Been a long time since ive updated this, thanks to Murpheys law, a lot of the funds for this went into more responsible/important things.

But getting back on track!
Picking up the new IC Saturday, new intake filter ordered, ordering O2 spacer on Thursday (cant pass emissions, grrrr), new endlinks come in 2 weeks.

The plan has slightly changed due to the GTI being retired from daily duty, getting another car for that within the next 2 months.

Changes/additions to current project specs.
-Rear seat delete
-Replacing feont seats with Recaro/Sparco buckets (Open to suggestions!)
-4 or 6 point cage
-4/5 point racing harness's
-SPM track addition turbo back exhaust
-Port and polished F23T
-New wheels
-New suspension

Soooo excited, time table has been moved back to all this done within a year. Wish it was all now but responsibilities lessen the fun money fund lol.

Last edited by Das Gespenst; 07-22-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #63
xSabretoothx
Fast w/ training wheels

Drives: Better Than You
That sounds excellent! Looking forward to the results of the port and polish. I was going to go a similar route with my K04, but my tuner advised against it. This was the reasoning:

"...our turbo guys got the turbo in started looking at everything and were worried the bigger wheel would reach a dangerous choke point that would cause an egt spike. I checked with Unitronic on the matter and in their testing and research they found that very issue causing melted pistons and strongly advised against it .

I contacted them and told them to not go with the bigger wheel but to clip the existing wheel and balance the assembly. This is something not done at the factory. Thsi should improve spool and high rpm consistency. In short what the other guys are selling with hybrid k04s makes a little more power at a huge sacrifice in reliability. Im not going there with brad "bilstein killer" willson's setup as I want you to get the most out of the setup."

Marvin J. Ashton
xSabretoothx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #64
Red5pade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSabretoothx View Post
That sounds excellent! Looking forward to the results of the port and polish. I was going to go a similar route with my K04, but my tuner advised against it. This was the reasoning:

"...our turbo guys got the turbo in started looking at everything and were worried the bigger wheel would reach a dangerous choke point that would cause an egt spike. I checked with Unitronic on the matter and in their testing and research they found that very issue causing melted pistons and strongly advised against it .

I contacted them and told them to not go with the bigger wheel but to clip the existing wheel and balance the assembly. This is something not done at the factory. Thsi should improve spool and high rpm consistency. In short what the other guys are selling with hybrid k04s makes a little more power at a huge sacrifice in reliability. Im not going there with brad "bilstein killer" willson's setup as I want you to get the most out of the setup."
good ic and a good dp (i believe dm is selling a 3.5" dp even), good tune on the fueling, and good timing will help all that. the choke point is the higher rpms on this turbo. the manifold starts to build a lot of pressure.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #65
Das Gespenst
Formula 3000 Champion

Water/meth also makes a big difference from my understanding. If DM actually puts out that DP I would seriously consider it.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #66
Red5pade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Gespenst View Post
Water/meth also makes a big difference from my understanding. If DM actually puts out that DP I would seriously consider it.
yeah, ive asked multiple times. if i keep my car, im either making one or buying theirs in the winter