GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #23
panda_gti3
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2007 MKV GTI
Alright guys. Still no access to VCDS. Spark plugs are black as all hell. So it appears to be running rich but saying "low pressure to rail." How is this possible if the fuel filter is new and rail pressure is calculated before the fuel gets to the injectors?
panda_gti3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM   #24
panda_gti3
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2007 MKV GTI
Fuel cuts are still apparent, but the car appears to be operating better and better every day... like extremely gradually. I just purchased it about a month ago. Apparently it sat for 4 months. Anyways... if this updated info helps anyone diagnose without VCDS let me know.
panda_gti3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #25
vwengineer
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Golf 5 GTI (stock AXX)
It's quite difficult to know what's going on if you cannot see what are the sensors reading. Your black spark plugs could by an entirely different issue, if I can give you one advice is to invest in VCDS or eventually ODB-11 which is a bit cheaper but I am not sure how it works. It's not cheap but I think it is the best investment you can do if you own a VW and you service it yourself. You will save money in the long run as you will not be throwing parts on your car hoping that it solves your problem.
vwengineer is online now   Reply With Quote