GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions
Ringer Racing

Old 05-04-2019, 02:12 AM   #1
JPeterson
Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts

Drives: Rabbit
Exclamation 2.5 Rabbit 07' runs smoothly with MAF unplugged

I had issues with the vacuum in the car and it was due to the valve cover so I changed it. It worked flawlessly for like 1 mile then it started jerking kind of bad like when I had the vacuum issue and started to throw out a lot of black smoke. Then I unplugged the MAF and it started to work again flawlessly. I bought a new MAF and changed it but the same issue came up again, it was like jerking and throwing way more black smoke. I decided to go to Autozone to change the sensor under warranty just in case it was damaged.
Right now I put back the old MAF and have it unplugged, the car is working well. Any ideas on what's causing this issue?
Had a friend check the valve cover and other parts for vacuum leaks and it seems like it's all fine except one hose that goes to the booster which is not in great condition. Is this hose may be causing the issue when plugging the MAF in?

Sorry for the grammar, English is not my first language.

Thanks!
JPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Dagger1120
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Just a normal GTI looking to h
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
I had issues with the vacuum in the car and it was due to the valve cover so I changed it. It worked flawlessly for like 1 mile then it started jerking kind of bad like when I had the vacuum issue and started to throw out a lot of black smoke. Then I unplugged the MAF and it started to work again flawlessly. I bought a new MAF and changed it but the same issue came up again, it was like jerking and throwing way more black smoke. I decided to go to Autozone to change the sensor under warranty just in case it was damaged.

Right now I put back the old MAF and have it unplugged, the car is working well. Any ideas on what's causing this issue?

Had a friend check the valve cover and other parts for vacuum leaks and it seems like it's all fine except one hose that goes to the booster which is not in great condition. Is this hose may be causing the issue when plugging the MAF in?

Sorry for the grammar, English is not my first language.

Thanks!

It’s possible the line to the booster is causing a leak due to the fact it is a vacuum line. I'm not exactly sure that this would cause your vehicle to be throwing smoke. Most likely your vehicle isn't getting enough air causing your engine to starve itself but not exactly stalling out. This could be because of the MAF sensor isn't sending a signal to your ECM so your engine doesn't think it's getting enough air so when it's unplugged it's just flowing no matter what. It's also possible for your IAC to be bad or dirty ”idle air control valve” my biggest guess could be the ECM isn't receiving a signal from the MAF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dagger1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Drives: 2007 mkv gti
Any vacuum system leak will cause it. Vacuum system is any tubing or hoses connected to the intake manifold or the vacuum pump for the brakes.

Usually, if you unplug the MAF and it runs better....that usually does mean the MAF is failed, but only if there are no leaks. You should replace any bad tubing or hose that is cracked and leaking.
GIAC K04&DSG files/AWE DV/Autotech HPFP/Torqbyte PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/Techtonics TB/Custom Turbo Outlet/BSH Mounts/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/13.2"BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH
ROH ECHT is offline   Reply With Quote