GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's New (to me) Daily - 2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T(FSI)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
The fuse work around causes the radio to not work for 45 seconds after you start the car. That would drive me nuts honestly.

VW Changed their policy this last January and can't look up the codes anymore, you have to plug the car in now for them to get the code.

Ended up taking a $13 gamble on vwcodes.org and they sent me a code. I just sold it to my buddy so we'll test it on his car and hopefully it works.

That isn't true, I have a radio installed like that in my car, and it boots up immediately. Only change was that it won't work with the key off. And sounds like your dealer sucks and you should've called another one.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
That isn't true, I have a radio installed like that in my car, and it boots up immediately. Only change was that it won't work with the key off. And sounds like your dealer sucks and you should've called another one.

Strange, not sure why there's videos online showing the delay. Do gti's and jetta's have different canbus systems?

Called two dealers, Carson called his as well which he has connections to and they told him the same deal. meh.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Man that’s unfortunate. The RCD 510 fit into my 2008 without any issues. I basically just use it as a pass through for a $20 Bluetooth dongle. Never installed the Bluetooth harness : module. I should but I’m lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Man that’s unfortunate. The RCD 510 fit into my 2008 without any issues. I basically just use it as a pass through for a $20 Bluetooth dongle. Never installed the Bluetooth harness : module. I should but I’m lazy.

It is, I did end up making about $50 profit on it though. Not terrible.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I strongly disagree, theres a ton of performance stuff you can do. It's not all power related, but of we are generalizing, suspension, exhaust, intercooler, brakes, etc. Jay and I both have some fairly built track cars (both GTIs).

well yeah, chassis improvements can be applied to anything really. but engine performance does become limited internals & turbine wise. mad money handles all of that, but who has abundance of that floating?

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Found an extra club decal so I put it on the daily.

Csb

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
In typical VW fashion, I broke down on the side of the highway saturday. Battery light came on, power loss, electronics going crazy, abs going crazy. Alternator crapped out. The homie Das Gespenst came and picked me up with his trailer. Huge thanks for that...

What a pain the alternators are on these cars to replace.

Threw a new serp belt on because I had it in the back seat :iono:

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
In typical VW fashion, I broke down on the side of the highway saturday. Battery light came on, power loss, electronics going crazy, abs going crazy. Alternator crapped out. The homie Das Gespenst came and picked me up with his trailer. Huge thanks for that...

What a pain the alternators are on these cars to replace.

Threw a new serp belt on because I had it in the back seat :iono:

Yeah I remember when I did my thermostat it was a pain in the ass to get that alternator out

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yeah I remember when I did my thermostat it was a pain in the ass to get that alternator out

The crappy part is that I have to replace my thermostat too... Just didn't have the part with me as I wasn't expecting to have to do it. I'll have to do this again soon when I tackle the thermostat :(

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The crappy part is that I have to replace my thermostat too... Just didn't have the part with me as I wasn't expecting to have to do it. I'll have to do this again soon when I tackle the thermostat :(

At least you know what's involved now. Will cut the time down big time.