The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Totally just ran across Tre on Reddit.

I'm gonna be a dudebro and not look through his post history...

That's one of my lesser used accounts, pretty much exclusively used for Volkswagen and Pokemon posts. :lol:

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
What are the odds, I was 100% sure it was you.

You'd be surprised how many people on Vortex we blowing up the MK7R forum like crazy when the preorder went live at 12:01AM. :lol:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I don't know how into it you are but Discogs.com is a great place to catalog what you've got

I found Superman by Goldfinger 7" buried in a box at my local record store the other day that I'm super excited about.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I don't know how into it you are but Discogs.com is a great place to catalog what you've got

I found Superman by Goldfinger 7" buried in a box at my local record store the other day that I'm super excited about.

That song always reminds me of Tony Hawk.

Thought of you guys the other day, was in some random antique shop in Scranton, PA and there was a huge room FULL of records.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
See, again, then why did they make it a four door? They should have just made it a two door, IMHO. People who buy it, aren't buying it to drive around a family...it's an enthusiasts car....that's weird to me....
It is an enthusiast car, no doubt. But versatility is usually important to people buying a $30k+ performance hatch. Why limit your sales to enthusiasts that have the money for a second family car? The people who don't have a family will still buy the 4-door if they want the Golf R in the first place, so they maximized the appeal rather than narrowing it. I see no problem.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Finally got a log that I could look at... Just a quick pull to make sure it was working. Anyone want to take a look and tell me if there are other sensors I should keep an eye on. Truthfully, I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I'd like to learn.

http://adamavenali.com/mkv/logs/trackLog-2015-Jan-08_16-03-07.xlsx

everything looks "normal" per se but you arent logging many parameters that determine the outputs you logged (boost, AFR, etc). You'll need VCDS to really get into it, look at things like requested vs actual wastegate duty cycle, ignition angle delay, requested vs actual fuel pressure. Is your car stock as far as tuning is concerned? In your log you spiked around 8 psig, but the sample rate looks really low so who knows what it actually got to or if your log is accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.