GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
It's not really about gaining power in my car. UEL will cost me 2-3HP but the TQ gains are exactly the same as ELH and that's really what I'm needed from a tune+header for AutoX.

I need to go faster on corner exit, while the chassis is bound, at lower RPMs. A few more HP doesn't do much at AutoX.

So yeah it might be worth it for the sound.
Aren't there reliability issues that were caused by UEL in the EJ motors?

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. But I've seen people say to switch to equal length for safety when modifying other stuff. I'm remembering EGTs specifically.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Aren't there reliability issues that were caused by UEL in the EJ motors?

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. But I've seen people say to switch to equal length for safety when modifying other stuff. I'm remembering EGTs specifically.
He doesn't have an EJ motor though?

But yes, it's a pressure differential thing that fucks with stuff. But that souuunnnnddd!

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
He doesn't have an EJ motor though?

But yes, it's a pressure differential thing that fucks with stuff. But that souuunnnnddd!

I know he has an FA, I was just referencing the EJ cause they used UEL.

But yeah that burble is so goood. And I guess the slightly higher EGTs won't effect things at the FRS power levels.

Edit: +1 for Dave Grohl.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Blaine, go UEL.

Can I get away with 255/35/18's on a 18x9.5 ET38, or will I have issues clearing the spring perch?

Status
Not open for further replies.