GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Those with a K04, how long will a stock clutch last?

RSR clutch and a Sachs OEM DM flaywheel (06F105266AH) a decent upgrade?

I was still on my stock clutch at Stage 2+ at 104k miles when I installed my K04. It didn't hold so good after that. I ended up replacing the clutch a few thousand miles after that.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
So got s2+ flashed... Feels good. Pulls hard. Can't imagine with the k04. When floored it doesn't want to hold traction already...

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So got s2+ flashed... Feels good. Pulls hard. Can't imagine with the k04. When floored it doesn't want to hold traction already...

Yes s2+ has a lot of midrange torque, not quite as much with K04 down low. It is all about the top third with the K04. Where the K03 starts to fade from 5K on the K04 just never quits pulling harder and harder.... freight train. 2+ is nice for in town driving at speed 50 and under, really nice.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Yes s2+ has a lot of midrange torque, not quite as much with K04 down low. It is all about the top third with the K04. Where the K03 starts to fade from 5K on the K04 just never quits pulling harder and harder.... freight train. 2+ is nice for in town driving at speed 50 and under, really nice.

Went from a strong tuned S2+ to F23T, it pulls harder and it doesnt quit like the K03, mine was fast enough and the quarter mile times are not that apart from each other right now, but, the F23T keeps pulling where the K03 just doesnt 100mph+ :thumbup:

apollosfury

designeddwk
STOKED!!!! Got revo to flash over APR, DM pulled file!

does this mean you're running revo now?

The difference between 2+ and k04 is pretty significant. You'll definitely want a dsg tune once you get the k04 up and running. i still need to do mine

have you tracked down your boost fluctuation issue?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
have you tracked down your boost fluctuation issue?

Nope but I'm pretty sure my dv is bad, and possibly wg actuator. I don't get steady/solid boost numbers (according to gauge) but I need to run logs. One pull I'll get a spike of 25 psi, next 26, next 22 etc... As well as different 'holding' pressures... After the spike drops, it steadies out at diff PSI's

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
does this mean you're running revo now?

No my issue was I bought the car used, had all the hardware to do s2+, ordered tune and DMs flash loader couldn't retrieve stock tune because APRs 'stock' tune was encrypted. So I went to a local tuner (actually, only tuner within 2 hours) and he was able to flash a revo stock tune over the APR. DM was able to use revos stock tune to modify for my s2+. If that makes sense lol.

You'll definitely want a dsg tune once you get the k04 up and running.

Yes this is why I'm not installing til this winter, DM has told me they expect to know for sure wether or not their DSG tune will be flash able through the obd port by the end of the fourth quarter. So I'll chill with s2+ til then... Give time to make sure I have everything for k04
And I can do my brakes, w/m, various interior pieces...

apollosfury

designeddwk
No my issue was I bought the car used, had all the hardware to do s2+, ordered tune and DMs flash loader couldn't retrieve stock tune because APRs 'stock' tune was encrypted. So I went to a local tuner (actually, only tuner within 2 hours) and he was able to flash a revo stock tune over the APR. DM was able to use revos stock tune to modify for my s2+. If that makes sense lol.

haha perfectly clear.

Yes this is why I'm not installing til this winter, DM has told me they expect to know for sure wether or not their DSG tune will be flash able through the obd port by the end of the fourth quarter. So I'll chill with s2+ til then... Give time to make sure I have everything for k04
And I can do my brakes, w/m, various interior pieces...

:thumbsup:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
yeah, the jump from stock to s2+ feels about like the jump from s2+ to k04

That's good, I was pretty surprised. [emoji106]
Especially with the torque. It pulls way harder past 15 psi, and the hp gets you up in speed a lot quicker than I expected.

Totally happy with DM!

Car(s)
Subaru
That's good, I was pretty surprised. [emoji106]
Especially with the torque. It pulls way harder past 15 psi, and the hp gets you up in speed a lot quicker than I expected.

Totally happy with DM!

yeah, that feeling goes away fast but k04 stays for a lot longer. i drive slower with the f23t oddly

apollosfury

designeddwk
Nope but I'm pretty sure my dv is bad, and possibly wg actuator. I don't get steady/solid boost numbers (according to gauge) but I need to run logs. One pull I'll get a spike of 25 psi, next 26, next 22 etc... As well as different 'holding' pressures... After the spike drops, it steadies out at diff PSI's

when i did my k04 i ended up having a check valve that went and would cause weird boost issues. all indicators (including codes) were that it was a vacuum leak but we searched all over and couldn't find one. eventually chased it to an evap issue.

As far as DV, i would recommend the AWE one if they still sell it separately.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well I'll prolly drive the same for the majority of my driving, since it's my DD and I drive 35 miles to work and home. All highway (2 lane) but when I'm late for work... That's when I open it up a little lol