GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pirelli ECU upgrades??

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
All due respect to the guys who chimed in, but I'm not sure where specifically you've been insulting... You've just been asking questions about a different approach and are getting hosed about it. You're not obliged to agree or tow the line and opt for something off the shelf.

Maybe this bit was it

Well thats my question. I am curious (and somewhat doubtful) that people could show the manufacturers claimed outputs on their tuned cars. I dont think many have done before and after dyno's in a controlled dyno scenario. So to base whether you go with a known tuner because of a 'claimed' benefit may not be the best thing. No doubt thou, benefits are made compared to stock, just by how much.......????????

Or his constant claims that this tuner know's what he's doing despite never having touched a Mark V GTI and will be able to pull off something that is next to impossible by remotely tuning a GTI in only a few days that will result in more power than the other turning shops.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
My opinions are not based on my previous experience on tuning vw's (hence my post asking for peoples thoughts), yet I am also not biased in my opinion since I haven't spent $$$$ on one particular tuner and so feel obliged to talk it up and piss on others.

No-one is recommended any tuner over another. What we're recommending is that if you have a cerebral aneurysm you get a brain surgeon to remove it not a gynecologist.

I am not defending my thoughts, yet enquiring as to why people go down one path, and not the other. If that seems to challenge you and your beliefs, then.......I thought thats what forum like this were all about.........

Because as everyone has explained what you want to do is f@$ing stupid, ridiculous and makes no sense. Attacking others for recommending that you take the "safe" option of choosing professionals to do the work rather than a cowboy shows that you're unable to comprehend or understand the work involved in tuning a modern car.

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Attacking others for recommending that you take the "safe" option of choosing professionals to do the work rather than a cowboy shows that you're unable to comprehend or understand the work involved in tuning a modern car.

or the risks :)

:iono:

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
No-one is recommended any tuner over another. What we're recommending is that if you have a cerebral aneurysm you get a brain surgeon to remove it not a gynecologist.

Mav, that was brilliant. You are going in my sig :)

As everyone else has said I would definitely stick to one of the big 4's instead of taking the risk and being a guinea pig in this experiment.

C+C

Ready to race!
Tinto, your thoughts are like mine. There are good and bad points involved, just need to assess the risk, if any

Maverick, my point was, if a company says its product could provide a certain output, then it would be fair for the its end-users to prove it, not just company marketing.

I have yet to see pre and post dyno results (in a controlled setting) to prove their claims. If there is, please show me, and I would gladly be proven wrong. This would make my decision easy!!

Maverick have you read correctly that it is not a complete custom, yet fine tuning of an existing well know tuner!

As for you Robby..... well your reply hardly needs comment. Its clear where the crap is coming from

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
boys....you've made your point now get over it. Some of you thrive at a chance to put your big opinions forward. Each to there own. Let him go.......

C+C...dont fuel the fire.... just do what you want to do.......just post your results or analysis on the forum for all to read.............or dare I say 'argue'.

good night everyone...:thumbsup:

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
As for you Robby..... well your reply hardly needs comment. Its clear where the crap is coming from

its only crap because you got nothing to come back with and you probably dont understand it.. but i dont expect you to.. so thats ok.. you're obviously not bright enough to answer the key questions ive asked you.... which goes to show you really havent thought about the consequences.. and how you will deal with it.. which isnt very bright..

i've wasted enough time with this shit

C+C

Ready to race!
Ok, to put this to bed

My post was to ask for peoples thought on a possibility on ecu tuning. I wanted to see objective, not just subjective results from users. I like to see proof before handing over the $$, and was hoping for members to show their results (yet to be seen by anyone)

Up until today I had my heart and head on giac, yet was challenged to think of alternatives, and wanted to ask forum members of their thoughts.

Most replied as I was expecting, showing caution with something not proven, but willing to hear from the results should i have gone down that path. To those, thank you

A few replied with a fair degree of venom, which wasn't appreciated, nor warranted. I guess its to be expected, we all have our own beliefs and agendas.

Will keep you all posted as to my choice. Will be keen to catch with those Sydneyciders who kindly offered to meet up and talk about shit :thumbsup:

cheers

decksla

Ready to race!
ok

i got giac on my relli cuz of the price, the support, and the reputation.

the car has much more fasts now.

..seriously

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Maybe go for a ride in some fellow members cars with the various tunes.. I would stick with one of the popular tuners before attempting a custom on-car tune.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI

:lol::lol::lol:

C+C...

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
C+C like every one has been saying just do it for god sake and just shut up.

secondly theres a WHOLE thread dedicated to dyno charts on this forum. Look at the dam thing. If you bothered to get off your arse you will see numerous dyno charts from numerous forum users under various stages of tune. knowing you, you'll probably find some stupid excuse to rubbish those dyno charts anyway.

no one has their own agenda here. they made a recommendation which you werent happy with .. so dont ask.

Ok, to put this to bed

My post was to ask for peoples thought on a possibility on ecu tuning. I wanted to see objective, not just subjective results from users. I like to see proof before handing over the $$, and was hoping for members to show their results (yet to be seen by anyone)

Up until today I had my heart and head on giac, yet was challenged to think of alternatives, and wanted to ask forum members of their thoughts.

Most replied as I was expecting, showing caution with something not proven, but willing to hear from the results should i have gone down that path. To those, thank you

A few replied with a fair degree of venom, which wasn't appreciated, nor warranted. I guess its to be expected, we all have our own beliefs and agendas.

Will keep you all posted as to my choice. Will be keen to catch with those Sydneyciders who kindly offered to meet up and talk about shit :thumbsup:

cheers

Androo

lolwut... ??
Go with whatever suits you.

Personally I'm going to go with APR, from what I've read, APR runs rich, where GIAC and bluefin run lean... personally i rather the car run rich than lean not to mention some other reasons to go APR.

I'm going to try haggle the price down.

isaw

Banned
Go with whatever suits you.

Personally I'm going to go with APR, from what I've read, APR runs rich, where GIAC and bluefin run lean... personally i rather the car run rich than lean not to mention some other reasons to go APR.

I'm going to try haggle the price down.

Go look at the dyno log I posted in the dyno results thread that was run last weekend with the bluefin, I can ASSURE you it doesn't run lean... Infact mines running at 10.8:1 A/F from about 4.5k rpm.

And C+C, we have been down your path before, we've researched the same things. we've asked the same questions, and then went down a path with good or bad results. We are now sharing those results with YOU so you dont need to make your own mistakes or bad choices, you can learn from ours.

Get A reflash from one of the Big 4, APR/GIAC/Revo/Bluefun, it doesnt matter what one really, but dont go a custom tune unless you promise never to come here and bitch about it.

There is a fella out of SA Called Gavin Walsh who runs customcode, the name is deceiving but he gets a flash template and the slightly adjusts it to your car, at our recent dyno day the polo he tuned has the best power curve (flattest, most linear) from the whole day, no bumps or twiches all the way to redline.

After wards I took him for a run so he could log a few things for me and we discussed tunes and everything related for a good hour or so. he really knows his stuff, and has been flashing cars for 10+ years over in the UK, and is backed by the parent company over there.

if you wanted to feel special by getting something custom, talk to him, but dont go through your local guy. it will be the end of your nice new ride.