GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - RS4 135 Bar Fuel Pressure Valve (FPV)

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, any tips/tricks? There is a DIY on a Audi, but it looks like with way tougher to get to with a transverse engine layout.

DC Dubber

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I followed the first post of this very thread, and used this thread over on Audizine as a visual reference. Total time was a about an hour. It's a pretty straight forward install. Just make sure the crows feet aren't too large otherwise they won't fit in there. I purchased this set from Amazon and they fit perfectly. I also got this and wound up using it when I dropped the damn thing. Again, removal is very easy it's just getting back in there that's a little tough.

alfmoonspace

Ready to race!
Are you installing this from the side (where the HPFP is at) or up top (through the metal fuel lines on top of the manifold)?

Going to attempt this soon.

live4something

Ready to race!
With a crows foot you'll come directly from the front of the car under the intake manifold. Once you have it on the extension you'll realize it's the only way possible

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
But could this be harder on your cam and follower if the pump is needlessly cycling fuel through the fuel rail because your valve is opening?

This is the question I want an answer to. I'm doing an F23T upgrade from a K03 (freshly broken timing belt) , and I want to know how much more load on the cam follower is done with this FPV update. I'm still on stock injectors at the moment. I'm thinking about upgrading to the S3 ones. I only want 300-320hp at the crank for a daily driven vehicle.

I only went with the F23T to fill the void where the stock K03 runs out of breath.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I wouldn't worry about extra load on the cam follower per se. If you're tuned you should be checking your cam follower at a lower mileage interval anyway. I check mine every ~5k miles (k04).

You should see at least 300whp with f23t and supporting mods.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Is there a straightforward OEM-like low pressure fuel pump upgrade that can be installed without having an inaccurate fuel gauge reading or anything like that?

Here in Jamaica, we only have 87 & 90 octane E-10 at the pumps. I don't want to run lean when I put in the F23T.