GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD2 software update v50

Dinan E53

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
Here is a software update for the MFD2 navigation radio this will resolve a few issues that we have been having problems with but make sure your comfortable in doing this upgrade. This is the OEM software download that the dealership will perform on your car and they will charge you a pretty penny. Ive done the download and it cleared the issue that i have with loosing my satellite preset .

The problems that it will resolve various malfunctions on radio-navigation system MFD2 DVD:
- Satellite Preset Loss
- Increased closed-circuit current
- Empty map
- First part of navigation voice output missing
- Display in dash insert is not completely deleted
- No sound after engine start (audio CD operation)
- No operation after engine start possible
- Refresh station list (satellite radio) more than normal
- Radio lock up problems

To find out what software you currently have follow these steps:
• Press Navigation button.
• Press the Settings button.
• Press the Syst. settings button.
• Press and hold Factory set button for 5 to 10 sec.
• Press System info button.
• Press down arrows button.
Navigation software version will be listed under HW-HU.(the last two number is your version)
If Software version is 50 or above, DO NOT continue with
programming.
If software version is 49 or below, continue with update
programming.

link on this link and download then extract.
SWUP50

Once you download and extract the files you will only need DNL folder. You will need to burn that complete file onto a CD use Nero or Roxio to burn it, DO NOT drag the file onto the disk cuz it will not work that way. The software update will take 50min, DONT turn off the car once it starts to load cuz it will mess up your radio.

Once you have the file burned on to a disk, follow the procedure to check firmware. insert the disk then you will see the screen change to where it will ask you to load the file on the top left hand side. if you get "WRONG DVD" then you did not burn the file onto the disk correctly.

Last edited:

Dinan E53

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
i hope this was helpful to you guys, i see no comments

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVII Stage 2
Is there a trial or free version of the Nero/Roxio software out there. I got all the files but got the WRONG DVD window.
Thanks for any help.

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVII Stage 2
Got it Thanks.
This just wont work for me.
I got the file dnl but what do I burn it to Audio , Data, Bruning, Ripping.??
HELP.
Still getting wrong DVD

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Burn it as a data cd

eramzi

Hello Everybody!

I hate to bring this back from oblivion but has there been an update since v.50?

foolishfreeheel

v50

the update works great. takes about 50 minutes. I burned the data to DVD-R using a mac. Hold on to the original Navigation DVD, because you will need this after the update is complete. The data is a only a firmware update, not a new maps disc.

Does anyone know if there updated map discs available

Cheers

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
the update works great. takes about 50 minutes. I burned the data to DVD-R using a mac. Hold on to the original Navigation DVD, because you will need this after the update is complete. The data is a only a firmware update, not a new maps disc.

Does anyone know if there updated map discs available

Cheers
Current version of the MFD2 DVD map disc from Navteq is v 7B

astonius

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Can't seem to get this to work. I've tried using Nero, burning a UDF CD-ROM, just the "dnl" folder in the package. I currently have firmware version 49, trying to go to 50. Whenever I insert the disc at the system settings screen it does nothing. Am I supposed to burn it a different way? At a slower speed? Using Maxell CD-Rs burning at 32x. Do I burn the whole "dnl" folder or just the contents of the folder itself?

IbrahimR

I need also help with MFD2 system
I would like to at least get a cd playing, or even better a DvD with video [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk