GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New guy

JetPilot

Hello everyone. I currently drive an Audi R8 and upgrading to the new Garrett GTX GEN II mirror image turbos (currently being installed), first R8 to have these, so I decided I needed a daily driver and came across a 2008 GTI. I thought this would be a good clean car to drive without putting miles on the R8 and then it happened already....I found you guys and all the crazy mods you can do. This wasn't the plan and thats what I told the war department aka wife. HAHA. Anyways, this starts my first day with the VW world and I'm new to the Audi world as well, just over a year since I blew two holes in my M4 block, S55 is a WEAK engine. Disappointed with BMW after many M cars. Let the modding begin...Cheers!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
LOL....you will be bit by the modding bug if you haven't already. There are a LOT of great parts available for this platform. Would love to see pics of the R8!

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
Glad to have you! A lot of guys on here have some crazy builds. Checking some of the threads out can be great/terrible (money and permission wise lol) to look at.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
I'm new as well. Came from a lot of different cars as well including 911 and M3. I got the GTI for a fun, cheap daily driver that I can also take the the various road courses in Texas and not worry too much if I destroy it.

Here's what I have planned for mine.

Complete deferred maintenance and get the car running right.
Bilstein PSS10 suspension
OZ light weight wheels 17x8 with 245/40/17 RE'71's
Depending on how the brakes do at the track, Stoptech St-40 brake kit (328mm rotors).
Intake
3" turbo back exhaust, catless
Tune for 93oct and race gas

That should be about perfect (and double the purchase price of the car!). :)

Hello everyone. I currently drive an Audi R8 and upgrading to the new Garrett GTX GEN II mirror image turbos (currently being installed), first R8 to have these, so I decided I needed a daily driver and came across a 2008 GTI. I thought this would be a good clean car to drive without putting miles on the R8 and then it happened already....I found you guys and all the crazy mods you can do. This wasn't the plan and thats what I told the war department aka wife. HAHA. Anyways, this starts my first day with the VW world and I'm new to the Audi world as well, just over a year since I blew two holes in my M4 block, S55 is a WEAK engine. Disappointed with BMW after many M cars. Let the modding begin...Cheers!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm new as well. Came from a lot of different cars as well including 911 and M3. I got the GTI for a fun, cheap daily driver that I can also take the the various road courses in Texas and not worry too much if I destroy it.

Here's what I have planned for mine.

Complete deferred maintenance and get the car running right.
Bilstein PSS10 suspension
OZ light weight wheels 17x8 with 245/40/17 RE'71's
Depending on how the brakes do at the track, Stoptech St-40 brake kit (328mm rotors).
Intake
3" turbo back exhaust, catless
Tune for 93oct and race gas

That should be about perfect (and double the purchase price of the car!). :)

You'll probably want to add sways and potentially camber plates to your list.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Welcome, these are great cars. I have some new Eibach sways if you're looking for them :)