GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I got an ebay auto headlight kit with the "sensor"... how did i not see this before? call it ratchet but god dammit for 28$ this is the best bang for the buck i have ever experienced.

I would also like to take a moment and thank this entire forum for all their help, even if it was indirectly. Everything i ever needed has been here. Also, as a long time lurker, i never post.. i want to say our car has been a beast of a car and mine has purred amazingly for almost exactly 40,000 miles with me, which is honestly ridiculous for me, it's my first car, its going to be hard to let go, im nearing 86k... i dont feel like letting go anytime soon lol

Last edited:

wildwest100

Finally, after a year or two of my warped and gross sunroof seal annoying me and being ugly, I replaced it.

Only took a trip to the local "you pull it" yard ($4 for me and my wife to get in), a 2004 Jetta with sunroof, and about an hour of my time. Best part was, when leaving the yard, they saw I only had the seal and just told me to have a nice day, so grand total for the project was $4 + an hour.

Before:

After:

i'm from Egypt and i have same problem i can't find this seal any where can told me exactly how can i buy it from your town even online.
Thanks

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Did some headlight restoration today... These are, by far, the worst MKV headlights I've ever owned on any vehicle.

I know the silver paint fades to a slight yellow'ish color, but these are almost brown. There is crap all inside of them... the lenses have a brown smudge line on the inside of them, and they have these super tiny stress cracks throughout the edges of them. The oxidation and haze was effecting my light output like crazy.

Did 800 grit, 1500 grit, and 2000 grit with a sanding block. Then I did 2 cuts with a heavy cutting pad and compound, followed by 2 rounds of polishing with a super fine pad. They cleared up way better than I thought they would. It was dark when I finished, so i'll get some better pictures tomorrow. For now, here are the before and afters:

Bonzerrelli

Passed Driver's Ed
Did some headlight restoration today... These are, by far, the worst MKV headlights I've ever owned on any vehicle.

I know the silver paint fades to a slight yellow'ish color, but these are almost brown. There is crap all inside of them... the lenses have a brown smudge line on the inside of them, and they have these super tiny stress cracks throughout the edges of them. The oxidation and haze was effecting my light output like crazy.

Did 800 grit, 1500 grit, and 2000 grit with a sanding block. Then I did 2 cuts with a heavy cutting pad and compound, followed by 2 rounds of polishing with a super fine pad. They cleared up way better than I thought they would. It was dark when I finished, so i'll get some better pictures tomorrow. For now, here are the before and afters:

I feel you. I just replaced my hellas for crappie helix lights. My hellas were stress cracking on both entire lenses. Terrible. I like the beam on the helix lights tho. I have always taken very good care of em but after 8 years they just are going. So I'm just getting some new lenses and fixing them up for a rainy day. Literally. The helix ones leak mad water especially in Hawaii. It's a rainforest. So I gotta take em off and seam seal em.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You will be disappointed with Depo...

IMperfectGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Finally -almost- fixed my pesky P0171 with an all new brake booster to vacuum pump hose only after replacing my front PCV plate.

Up next is new gasket for vacuum pump. And intake lol

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs

How long does that normally last? A few tears? A few months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
How long does that normally last? A few tears? A few months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on if you keep your car garaged/clean/etc... Usually it's about a year. If you lamin-x them it will last forever though

JerryLtowIt

Passed Driver's Ed
I washed mine and it rained the next day! [emoji58]
I don't like driving it in the rain, that I know. I'll just stick to the Dodge pickup when it's wet out...I don't trust other drivers.[emoji19]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk