GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

spen

Check out my MKV Rabbit Site!

Hey, I'm Spencer & I've put up a site on MKV Volkswagen Rabbits, my goal is to create a one-stop site for everything you'll ever need/want to know about rabbits. I't doesn't have as much content on it now as it should but I'm updating it & looking for suggestions! Please check it out & let me know what you think & what you would like to see on it. Thanks! http://sweb1.dmit.nait.ca/~sstead1/mk5-volkswagen-rabbit/index.html

Q Tip

beer chaser
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit
Rally Rabbit

Greetings all! Recently bought a nice 09 Rabbit. I like the rally type VWs; anybody else? Thinking my white 09 needs a lift, mud tires, and a light bar/ brush guard.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Hello all,

Not new to the VAG group, having owned a number of Audi's (S4, A8, B7 A4 Avant). Now in my first GTi, an MK5 I picked up as a daily. Has some basic mods (P Flow, Eurodyne st2, downpipe, coilovers + a few others. Looking forward to being here, learning more about the car, etc. Have had it a month now and it's a great everyday car. Fun, quick, agile, just does a lot of things really really well.

Rob_Scandrett

1.6FSI Silver Golf

New on this. Got my silver mk5 two months ago, waiting on some parts to arrive now, (wheels,gti bumper and headunit).

I am also considering a remap. Anyone know what kind of power i can expect safely with a remap on a 1.6FSI.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Kinda new here but was active on Mk6 forum and now active on Mk7 forum. Going to go look at a 2006 2.5 in Relfex Silver soon. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

fulner

Jim from Detroit. I joined to try to find some help on how to get to the wire harness on the other side of the firewarll

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That looks rough.

LovetheMK5

09 VW Rabbit problems

Hello everyone! :)

I bought my manual/stick shift MK5 couple of months ago, drove it from East to West coast with no problems at all. When I bought it, I knew that it had problems, but wasn't able to fix it then. I got it for extremely cheap price though.

Well, this is the problem. On dashboard those lights are on:
Check Engine, ABS, EPC, Traction Control, Power Stirring is orange and feels like it can work half way, DRL turns off when I turn on the headlights, Breaks and Break Wear are on even though I put the new pads and rotors. Speedometer doesn't work, and the computer wouldn't let me go over 4000 rpm in any gear. Also it feels like turbo is barely working.
Occasionally or very rarely it happens that all lights shut off and the only one left on is Check Engine. That is when everything works perfect, except the fuel level. It would start jumping up and down.

Mechanics don't want to help me, because it's "too much work". But I'm willing to fix it myself. I'm just a regular guy, who loves cars, but doesn't know so much about how to fix them.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX MY MK5 ?????? :)

Best Regards