GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H11 Fogs

bagoly14

So I did a lot of research and wanted to confirm with those who have done HID fogs...would this work? Aiming for 4300k fogs to match my headlights.

I need H11 Projectors and the H11 HID Kit...

Projectors

55W HID Kit

I'm assuming 55W would be better over 35W since it matches the OEM wattage...

Does this look good to go? I couldn't find better pricing for an actually reliable HID Kit unless someone can recommend me something else...lots of crap on fleeBay and I know vvme has been used before with good reviews.

Thanks.

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I have HID projector fogs on my Mk5. Been on there about a year now and absolutely zero issues....look great. Mine are ziza projector housings from ECS and USP motorsports HID conversion (9006 bulb). The whole package cost about $200. Everything was plug and play and super easy. 4300K color temp matches the OEM HIDs perfectly. Your links look less expensive than what I have on mine, but I can't speak to the quality of other products than what I have on mine. So yeah, take my testimonial for what it's worth, but I do speak highly of HID projector fogs! Mine are my DRLs as well.

bagoly14

I have HID projector fogs on my Mk5. Been on there about a year now and absolutely zero issues....look great. Mine are ziza projector housings from ECS and USP motorsports HID conversion (9006 bulb). The whole package cost about $200. Everything was plug and play and super easy. 4300K color temp matches the OEM HIDs perfectly. Your links look less expensive than what I have on mine, but I can't speak to the quality of other products than what I have on mine. So yeah, take my testimonial for what it's worth, but I do speak highly of HID projector fogs! Mine are my DRLs as well.

Yeah I saw those kits, I tried to match their parts from other places based on pictures and description...either way I went for the two I linked, hopefully my research wasn't completely wrong :lol:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
You're probably good with what you ordered. Just let us know what your experience is so others can learn from this thread.

bagoly14

Just to update the thread:

Pros:
Cheap
HID kit is perfect match for OEM and no problems at all (no codes thrown etc)
Easy Install

Con:
The projectors that I bought off eBay are not perfect. You can't fit the original bulb holder into them, so the only way I could get the bulbs to fit was to literally red neck tape the bulb holder to the projector with duck tape. It works but it's not pretty, but nobody is looking around inside my bumper anyway :]