GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Might order a 2015 GTI tonight

freshslate

Constant
hey guys, check out the OP is from canada. yes, GTI's are 40k after taxes and everything. its just the sad fact of living up here in Canada. you guys in the states are extremely lucky, to be able to pay on average 10k cheaper than what we pay up here with shittier packages offered on our cars.

golf R starting is 40k, after taxes its 50k

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Mexico has NOTHING to do with it's build quality. The mk7 GTI is the best car I've driven in a long time, although the one I drove had the performance pack.

Tapatalkin

Spectre

Ready to race!
I wouldn't even pay $40K for a Golf R. Sorry. My POS was $10K. That's as much as I can stomach for a car that is always going to irritate me because everything fucks up.

Spectre

Ready to race!
Mexico has NOTHING to do with it's build quality. The mk7 GTI is the best car I've driven in a long time, although the one I drove had the performance pack.

Tapatalkin

These cars are very refined nowadays. For sure. I'd rather have my car built in Mexico than in one of these union plants in America.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I got to sit in one at the Denver Auto Show a few weeks ago.

My take on it is that the cloth interior is so absurdly fucking nice that I would give up my leather in my MKV and trade it in day one for a base model mk7.

It is just THAT nice of a car.

OP, you wont have any regrets.

Viru5

Ready to race!
So you are thinking about spending $40,211.05 on a GTI?

:thumbdown:

^ This

There are many nicer cars you can buy for 40k vs a GTI there is no way id drop that much cash on one. Were looking into the 2014 IS350 F sport for my fiance and thats around 35-40k

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
You can't compare 40k to American prices, we pay A LOT more for cars in Canada.

For reference I just looked up the Lexus IS350 F-Sport:

F-Sport Package - $45,650
F-Sport Premium Package - $48,950

Those prices are without the 13% sales tax

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Jeremy clarkson said he enjoyed the mk7 gti.

But 40k is a lot.

He is in Canada. EVERYTHING is more expensive

Boosty

Ready to race!
^ This

There are many nicer cars you can buy for 40k vs a GTI there is no way id drop that much cash on one. Were looking into the 2014 IS350 F sport for my fiance and thats around 35-40k

One sexy car , why not get the true is-f i believed that was the 08-09
Unless buying used isnt what she wants