GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering electromechanical rack not working

golfgti2008

Hello I have a GolF GTI 2008 FSI Turbo 2.0 std tranny . The Electromechanic steering Rack is not working steering wheel is hard as rock the dashboard red light is always on before replace the entire rack I need to know the fuses involved for this function are ok or bad. I have been able to find links to know the meaning of all fuses by # or letter F. Anyone here have graphics of pictures that actually match for this year and model? who can share?. This is what I found online but still not sure if they are correct.

1. link 1

2. link 2

:23:

golfgti2008

For J500 fuses SA2 80amp and SC2 10amp

thanks for responding the fuses in my golf come in F's and numbers what is SA2 and SC2 meaning? :iono: I'm new in VW cars... the Haynes repair manual for this car doesn't have a graphic or text with the exact meaning of all fuses only the box fuses location on engine bay and by the driver seat to left of dashboard.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Have you scanned this car with Vcds to get the actual trouble codes and then cleared them and see what comes back.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Please scan this car with Vcds or equivalent to get the codes for the steering rack.