GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT Suspension Arms

JRutter

old man
Are the TT parts used in this mod from fwd TT (2000cc 200hp) or from four wheel drive models? Or is there no difference to begin with?

I got mine from a quattro to match my car, but AFAIK, the front stuff is all the same.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Bumping an old thread.

Passat control arms are confirmed for fittin and not altering geometry from the GTI arm correct? Are they thicker or something? Don't want to interfere with my BBK calipers.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Bumping an old thread.

Passat control arms are confirmed for fittin and not altering geometry from the GTI arm correct? Are they thicker or something? Don't want to interfere with my BBK calipers.
quite late:

Yes they fit 1:1, not altering geometry. Thicker, yes.
But no interference with bigger calipers or different offset
rotors because same ball joint position.

col-buddy-greenleaf

Ready to race!
quite late:

Yes they fit 1:1, not altering geometry. Thicker, yes.
But no interference with bigger calipers or different offset
rotors because same ball joint position.
You're alive! Thought you had dropped off of the forums. I have a Passat b6 aluminum knuckle and control arm setup for a mk6 GTI, I even bought these...

...but, that car was destroyed in a parking lot by a runaway Winnebago, leaving me with an unused suspension setup.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nice upgrade.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Going with two 3C0407151G arms, are these the right ones?

Refreshing the bushings with whiteline ones and getting new ball joints, stick with OEM or get the superpro balljoints?

xc_racer

I realize I'm reviving quite an old thread.
My rear bushings on my front lower control arms are dead on my 2009 VW Rabbit (2.5L).

Can anyone confirm that the Passat control arms & rear bushing bracket are a direct / identical swap?

(Just looking to reduce unsprung weight - want to leave suspension geometry as normal as possible, however will be installing H&R lowering springs at the same time (0.9" or 1.5" front drop (I think the 09 Rabbit stock is lower, so it's only 0.9" lowering) so if the Passat control arm improves geometry when lowered, that'd be ideal).

Let me know,
Thanks in advance.
Cheers