GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Mk5 GLI 08 full boost Squeal/screech sound

sauron18

Need help with this... My car after 10psi is doing this sound. It has a Eurodyne stage 2, Volant intake, GFB DV+, forge twincooler and the Autotech HPFP. Below the 10psi i do not hear anything. . Any help or opinion would be great, please help me out. I changed the PCV to the revision P with the breather tube for that revision. Yesterday i took the car to the shop and they took out the DV+ to clean it and put some oil on the piston. A friend told me it could be a turbo hose or the DV, don't know if getting a new DV rev D or the lastest one would help with that. I haven't checked the exhaust manifold or the gasket, the twin cooler hoses seems fine and in place. I have searched here and in youtube to see if i can find someone who had the same issue as me.

Below is the video i recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOl_mlMksQ&feature=youtu.be

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Is the boost gauge manual and work with a vacuum hose? It sounds like it is leaking inside the cabin and could be the connection of the boost gauge hose to the gauge itself. You can pressure/vacuum test it from where it is connected just off the intake manifold's vac hose. I would begin my search there first as it doesn't sound like it is coming from the engine bay at all when I watch it. But if you are certain that it is from the bay....then, would most likely be the DV or turbo outlet hose.

sauron18

Thanks! I will check that out. The boost gauge is connected to a vacuum hose but i will confirm that. I will put my windows up to confirm where the sound is coming from.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK. Yeah, couldn't tell only listening to the vid but it sounded to be inside the cabin...and if so, it could only be from the boost gauge's vacuum tubing. If you can apply vacuum to the line where it is Tee'd into the intake mani with a Mityvac that I may have mentioned before...your boost gauge and Mityvac gauge will tell you if the vacuum is being lost. Alternatively a bike pump can pump up some pressure into the boost gauge hose out at the tee and you can clamp the hose, if rubber, and see if the pressure drops while viewing your boost gauge. This will tell you if the boost gauge hose is leaking. Mine was leaking, silently, but luckily it was leaking out at near the tee connection and not in the center vent.

sauron18

OK. Yeah, couldn't tell only listening to the vid but it sounded to be inside the cabin...and if so, it could only be from the boost gauge's vacuum tubing. If you can apply vacuum to the line where it is Tee'd into the intake mani with a Mityvac that I may have mentioned before...your boost gauge and Mityvac gauge will tell you if the vacuum is being lost. Alternatively a bike pump can pump up some pressure into the boost gauge hose out at the tee and you can clamp the hose, if rubber, and see if the pressure drops while viewing your boost gauge. This will tell you if the boost gauge hose is leaking. Mine was leaking, silently, but luckily it was leaking out at near the tee connection and not in the center vent.

Did a WOT getting home and nop is not inside the cabin, if not i would hear it clearly... Is coming from the engine bay. A friend tells me it's the DV+ leaking boost or the piston spring that gave out but i took it out last saturday and put oil on the piston... I'm thinking of getting a OEM DV and try my luck or maybe checking out the intake.