GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight issues

-andrew-

Hey guys, I'm having some issues with my driver side headlight. I can turn the headlights on and after about a minute, the driver side shuts off. After it shuts off, I can turn the headlight switch off and then back on and it will turn on again, but then shut off after another minute. I've changed the igniter, and the ballast, nothing has worked. I really don't want to take the headlight assembly apart. Has this happened to anyone? If so, what ended up being the issue?

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
did anything come of this? I was having the same issue. I bought new bulbs and replaced them. The passenger side headlight still won't turn on.

C-Horse311

I have had a similar problem as well. I’ve changed the bulb, ignitor, and now the ballast and still my drivers side headlight won’t come on. Is it something with the wiring? Should I buy a new headlight assembly? What’s my best bet in fixing it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I have had a similar problem as well. I’ve changed the bulb, ignitor, and now the ballast and still my drivers side headlight won’t come on. Is it something with the wiring? Should I buy a new headlight assembly? What’s my best bet in fixing it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You may want to scan the car with Vcds for issues. Have you check the fuse for that side light? Are all lights on the lamp not functioning? You can check for power at plug with Led test light connected correctly and using the Wiring diagrams. Testing for power at plug for headlight. Short video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6w4uy1cjly5dtx/DSCN2175.AVI?dl=0