GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

05' Porsche Cayenne 955 3.2 exhaust manifolds project

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Am starting a trial of factory style exit flow outta the head. These vr6 manifolds are identical in design except using welded steel instead of coarse cast iron, "smooth runners" without the costly aftermarket header price for a bit of top end. I can also run high flow cat downpipe with them that bolts to stock flanges without pulling the intake every time. All my years with vr's showed that headers are hardly worth the cost on their own, and porting stock iron is hella time consuming with similar results. So these 100dollar steel tubes from salvage Porsche Cayenne seems to be a bolt on exhaust flow solution. Need time off from work to put them on, will update how it works with flash/dsg/intake & hopefully gen 2 haldex control......

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg

here they are

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
In for results....

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
So uh, they bolt to the head, but the downpipe flange on the passenger side bank manifold needs to be rotated about 90deg to fit, drivers side bolts right up. Could have a muffler shop re-weld the flange, or maybe make the downpipe 2-piece and rotate those pipes instead? Determined to make this work....

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Yep, the manifolds were a success at the drag strip combined with intake/resonator swap/giac ecu & stuff. I got a best e.t. 14.26 @ 97mph in mildly modded R. Even beat a stock mk7 gti. So my concenses is these manifolds are worth it for some headflow. Just need to reposition/re weld 1 downpipe flange on passenger bank manifold, then bolts up, flows nice, sounds nice!

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Would 3.2 Touareg headers work? I wonder